• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Name Game

DTro

Just curious if everyone else gives their spots a name? I know I do as well as some of the guys I fish with. I find it much easier to communicate a spot versus saying, “well you know the bend with wood right by the sandbar by the deeper water” laugh

Here our some of our names:

The Wall

Creek 57

The Rocks

The Jungle

Grampa’s Bend

Sheetpond Creek

47 squared 52

King Cat Hole

The Tombstones

The Wreck

The Powerball

The Nook

The High Lines

The Hotpocket

Big Old Pine Bed

The Slide

Wolf Bed

One Eyed Swim Dock

Purgatory

The Eagles Nest

Rat Bastard Bay

Spot 50

There are a few on your list that I use too.

.......and yes I do that bend with wood right next to the sandbar with deep water laugh

since the river changes so much we do differnt each year but there are some old favororites

McCartys

rock pile

super snag

point 1

point 2

Barney's creek

mondo

muskrat shack

tight bend

decoy snag

bypass hole

the cut

Nope I just ask if we should Head up or head down. Depending on their answer I will know which spots to head too. I'm the captain and they putting it in my hands to find and locate the kitties. So saying that, I get the sh*t at the end of the night if I don't find them.

since the river changes so much we do differnt each year but there are some old favororites

rock pile

point 1

point 2

Can you really consider those names? smile

Here's a few of mine.

The Dead Sea

No Luck Bend

Skunk Point

The Sleepwell Log Jam...

You get the picture.

"anchor rock"

On a lake the family goes up to in Ontario, there's a submerged rock formation that is out in the middle of open water, big drop off from maybe just under the water's surface to 80 FOW 20 feet from the peak. If you don't know it's there, it can be a real hazard to anyone really flying across the lake, if the water level is perfectly wrong. Its a proven producer of lake trout. One day we anchored there, and wouldn't you know it the anchor got stuck. We couldn't budge it, and the wind wasn't cooperating.

After a half hour of thinking we were SOL and lost an anchor, I tied a bobber on the rope so we could leave the anchor and rope, and find the rope again and try the next day. Luckily the wind wasnt against us and we were able to pull out in the opposite direction to get it unwedged from whatever it was stuck on.

We then dubbed it "anchor rock".. lol

Originally Posted By: elwood

rock pile

point 1

point 2

Can you really consider those names? smile

Here's a few of mine.

The Dead Sea

No Luck Bend

Skunk Point

The Sleepwell Log Jam...

You get the picture.

those names have been around longer than youve probally been on the river on on this earth grin

heres acouple more maybe this is a bit better

cutbait corner

super woody

super woody

I sure hope that isn't named for a sandy bar. smile

I guess I shouldn't talk about creative names either. Up at the lake there is,

The River

The River Mouth

Up the River

Big Island

Little Island