Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spinnerman

what do keep in your boat

23 posts in this topic

I was wondering what you keep in your boat as far as extra rods reel first aid and etc.

Extra rods and reels along with tackle I believe are a given when fishing. Besides that, I also have a small first aid kit, sunscreen, sunglasses, tool kit, safety gear, extra oil, and can coolers.

WD 40, bug spray, sun screen, first aid kit in waterproof bag, waterproof matches, leatherman, crescent wrench.

First Aid kit, tools and spare set of keys for my truck.

Everything mentioned above pretty much... only other thing I dont see is jumper cables in case the starter battery is dead and I need to jump off the trolling motor batteries. Of course the one time I didn't have them in the boat the battery died.

WD 40, bug spray, sun screen, first aid kit in waterproof bag, waterproof matches, leatherman, crescent wrench.

What do you need matches for?

Originally Posted By: yopaulypinkfloyd

What do you need matches for?

Why do you want to know? mad

bug spray, spare prop, rachtet set, extra set of rain gear and dry clothes, spair keys to truck, wire stripper and all necessary butt connections and wiring accessories in case i ever need to fix something on the water, voltage tester, jumper cables, marine first aid kit with hook removal in a water proof bag, 2 XXXL ziplocks bags i use for the BWCA incase i'm ever in the boat and it starts raining and i have stuff that cant get wet (like a guitar case), extra 2 stroke oil with measuring device, extra 2 gallon gas tank of reserve fuel, bunge cords and large zip ties, extra pliers, big sponge, and an extra reel... that is all in my front storage besides the extra 2 gallon reserve gas tank which i just keep next to my main gas tank in the back

Bug Spray, extra tackle, lots of rods and reels, line, two rope, extra prop, extra running light, anchor, first aid, tool kit, electric tape, duct tape, fuses, oil, towel, couple of extra bung plugs, plugs for the livewell, spare life jackets, rope, spare truck key (incase mine end up overboard), sunscreen, spare sunglasses, seeds, extra raingear, pliers and some other odds and ends.

I don't think anyone has mentioned spare spark plugs.

seriously though, in case my lighter fails or falls into the lake

Whats the lighter for?

Replacement trolling prop, tool kit, Tape, fuel line, primer bulb, spark plugs, sand paper, shrink tubing, fuses, lighter, small first aid kit, Super glue, extra boat plug, rain suits, umbrella, change of clothes, the big zip lock bags to store anything I want to keep dry. Way to many tackle boxes, bug spray. Sun block, push pole, Extra fishing line, rope, replacement rod tips, camera, Some things you might never carry but after thirty plus years of fishing out of boat if it has broke before I am ready for it when it breaks again.. Come fall fishing add heating pads and foil face insulation cut to cover seats.

Fishing poles, Tackel boxes, Net. Once I'm on the water for an hour or so I also like to keep a few eater walleye or pan fish in the live well. Kind of gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

On top of alot of things mentioned, I also try to remember a portable CD player with a radio tuner built in. I hook it up to a small speaker so I can listen to music or a Twins game!

Much of what is mentioned, plus one of those emergency heat blankets for early/late season or duck hunting season.