• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Only the Twins pitching

harvey lee

Minnesota sports teams = mediocrity with flashes of brilliance, sometimes minus the brilliance. laugh

There's usually enough to get your hopes up, only so it hurts that much more when they fall flat. But hey, they are my teams and will continued to be a tortured Minnesota fan and love it!

Someday something will happen. lol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they will leave.

I love all the Minnesota sports team but if we are honest, the majority of the time they are all average at best.

We are in a small market and the owners are not willing to spend the bucks to field a better team.

Yes, they will leave.

I love all the Minnesota sports team but if we are honest, the majority of the time they are all average at best.

We are in a small market and the owners are not willing to spend the bucks to field a better team.

Tough to convince the tax payers of the state they need a new stadium with the mediocre play and owners that aren't willing to dish out some $$$$$.

Although Ziggy does seem to be putting some money into the team to get some top players (AP). We'll see if it pans out this year.

I love these, the sky is falling and it's over threads we have every year in here.

-Playoff teams don't give up 10 run leads... oh wait the Red Sox did a couple weeks ago with the BEST bulpen and they blew a 9-1 lead against KC but manged a win like we could have if the ump didn't miss an important call.

Were done and certain to finish 3rd "see same thread last year same time" ...Oh wait we have 70 games left and we're 2 back..LOL.

Yeah it's over folks... grin

Go Twins

That was a PB post??? I almost thought it was a Gary (PeterPositive) Crighton post.

Let me see...where are the Indians??? And what about the KC's every spring 1st month of the season. The Twins are the best major league team in Minnesota. smilefrown

...well it is only one game in a long season. sure seems though that we've had to hear that an awful lot this year. probably selective memory but it sure seems that there's been way more games this season that we've lost where we should of or at least could of won than the other way around. once again, be thankful we aren't in in either the east or west divisions.

besides, the bad call probably only prevented us from losing it in the bottom of the 9th. the bp was getting battered and you know that nathan would not have been used in a tie game.

Yeah it's just a Minnesota thing!...LMAO~

Spend the money and success will follow...LOL!

Not too many business owners in these forums I'd assume!

I wouldn't trade the Twins Baseball Franchise for any other in the WORLD not even Real Madrid!

Go Twins we don't need you fellers... grin

Maybe you guys are right. I'm not going watch us try and win our 7th series out our last 8 with the lone loss to the Yankees the best team in Baseball..

I hate having this mediocre team with the 7th best record and 6th most play off appearances in the majors "30 TEAMS" over the last 8 seasons.

enough is enough already... grin

I will give them credit for doing that but in the long haul, even though they have won a few divisionials, they normally don't go anywhere.

This season I will as I stated continue to watch until the last day of the season as they will be done that day.

Go Twins we don't need you fellers...

Pretty lame Pier, just because a person is being realistic, you hammer on them like they don't still follow the team

totally agree with Harvey Lee on this one. Not all fans drink the koolaid that Bremer and Blyleven do. Its not hard to see that this team is not a serious contender. believing we need help and seeing the weaknesses don't make us any worse fans, and perhaps the opposite is true.

we have the pieces to make a deal. heck we have enough pieces to bid on Halladay, plus we'd have him next year. sad thing is we know that Bill Smith hasn't even picked up the phone.

Harvey, don't let him get to you. You have some solid takes on twin management in which I agree. PB is more of a stat guy than most. Stats don't win rings, great players do, we have 2.

I totally agree. I was just being realistic about the Twins.

Harvey, don't let him get to you. You have some solid takes on twin management in which I agree. PB is more of a stat guy than most. Stats don't win rings, great players do, we have 2.

I think we have 4 great players. Mauer, Morneau, Kubel, and Nathan. Cuddyer is really coming around too.

I'd jump in here as well, and just say, I agree with an earlier comment. Our middle relief absoulutely stinks. Unbelievable, pitifull to say the least and I can understand some slumps, but come on, Cassilla and Punto are like Jr High players at the plate in perspective to the rest of the league. Most any other team and averages like that are sent packing. Sit them for a while and send a message at least, I mean really. I am not trying to say I know much at all, but I do have two very good friends who both got drafted and worked very hard for years so I know how even the minor league system works on production, but our team seems to be ok with this for longer periods than most. That is my biggest complaint. I still shout a hip horay and cheer for the Twins today, but, as a fan, I still can be critical of decisions.

Instead of Casilla and Punto who can field but have no bats, why don't we bring up a few guys and give them a shot.

They may do well and cannot do any worse than these 2 clowns that more than likely could not make another team.

But we get them for very little money and thats why they are still here.

they did sign Grudzielanek. i know he's old, but he is a prototypical 2 hitter.

I also doubt that Tolleson/Plouffe could be worse than Casilla and Punto.

the problem with Punto is gardy loves him. Harris is much better but will find the bench more than Punto. UGHH!

5th highest paid player on this team isn't all that much to brag about. The Yankees are probably paying some AAA guys more.

And just for the record, I'm a Twins fan till the end, win or lose. HeII, I've gone to games back in the 80's, when they realy stunk, with a bag on my head! That doesn't mean I can't be critical, maybe just the opposite is true.

Maybe you guys are right. I'm not going watch us try and win our 7th series out our last 8 with the lone loss to the Yankees the best team in Baseball..

I hate having this mediocre team with the 7th best record and 6th most play off appearances in the majors "30 TEAMS" over the last 8 seasons.

enough is enough already... grin

By the sounds of this, we will be in the AL championship.

I doubt it.

Instead of Casilla and Punto who can field but have no bats, why don't we bring up a few guys and give them a shot.

They may do well and cannot do any worse than these 2 clowns that more than likely could not make another team.

But we get them for very little money and thats why they are still here.

His name is Matt Tolbert, and he is no better than Casilla or Punto. Only he can't hit OR field