• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Amazed by how much channels fight...

mascad

Hey guys, not a big catfisherman, anyway, went out to a local lake the other night for walleyes and ended up catching catfish instead. It was my first time catching them this big, (25", 27", 28"). All I can say is what a fight!! I was using 8lb test and it took me over ten minutes to get each of them in. I didn't expect that, thought they would fight more like a walleye. I wasn't dissapointed, it was fun and I plan to go back for them Wednesday night.

PS, anyone have a clue about how much they would weigh?? Thanks

Now just take it to the MN or Mississippi River and catch some 40 lb Flatheads and you won't ever go back to anything else.
Amen to that one brother! Haha and boy did I get a laugh out of the 'waterlogged sock' remark smile ... welcome to the catfishing family!

Originally Posted By: MinnesnowtaWild
A 3 lb Channel will out fight a 10 lb Walleye.

Now this might be stretching it a little far but they definitely put up a stronger fight pound-4-pound...

Oh c'mon ... we are fishermen (and women!) after all, and isn't stretching the truth what we do best? smile

I have my 2 brother in laws hooked on this cat stuff. The biggest ones they have ever caught are maybe 5 pounds, and they can not belive the fight. I can not wait to hook them into a 10-15 pounder. No flat heads here so it may be time to take them home to Mankato where the flat head is king

I have my 2 brother in laws hooked on this cat stuff. The biggest ones they have ever caught are maybe 5 pounds, and they can not belive the fight. I can not wait to hook them into a 10-15 pounder. No flat heads here so it may be time to take them home to Mankato where the flat head is king

No Flatheads in Mankato area...only in Jordan.

grin

Originally Posted By: Brownie77

No Flatheads in Mankato area...only in Jordan.

grin

Did they all migrate? smile

Hey guys, not a big catfisherman, anyway, went out to a local lake the other night for walleyes and ended up catching catfish instead. It was my first time catching them this big, (25", 27", 28"). All I can say is what a fight!! I was using 8lb test and it took me over ten minutes to get each of them in. I didn't expect that, thought they would fight more like a walleye. I wasn't dissapointed, it was fun and I plan to go back for them Wednesday night.

PS, anyone have a clue about how much they would weigh?? Thanks

Can you believe that when we go to the horseshoe chain all my buddies want to fish for is walleyes?