• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heron rookery

I located a heron rookery, not too far from here, and what an awesome experience. Being near the rookery makes you feel like your living during the prehistoric times. All you hear in the woods is the grunting of these large birds. They fly back and forth from their nests, and it's cool just watching them. Anyway, I spent about 1/2 hour there yesterday morning and maybe close to 3/4 hour this morning. I couldn't pick a fave, so I'm posting all the keepers.

3498105025_fbf8dd0718_o.jpg

3498105163_cae9123cb9_o.jpg

3498919056_7e31a5f4b6_o.jpg

3498919238_bdc520ab81_o.jpg

3498919622_1bd407036f_o.jpg

3498919746_2114066349_o.jpg

3498106099_9aee3f36bd_o.jpg

3501416721_177a04cbe7_o.jpg

3501416915_a6f398d428_o.jpg

3502230844_8e60093d69_o.jpg

Most excellent! We were just talking this morning about a rookery one of my employees found last year while soil sampling. He's promised to take me back in there so especially after looking at your photos, am really looking forward to it. Awesome photos! grin

Thanks, everyone.

Micpic, it was definitely a "rush" that I hadn't experienced in quite some time.

Steve, your second post reminds me of an incident several years ago. I was taking my wife and mother to see my aunt and uncle. We had got just a mile out of town and a GBH flew over the car real low. I remember saying, "wow, isn't that cool". Then it opened up. shocked It covered the windshield. So, I haded back to town to the nearest convenience store to clean the windshield. As soon as I got out, I could see I was in need of a total car wash. That heron had completely whitewashed the side of the car. He had to have dumped 5 gallons on the car. I was so relieved that I didn't have the car window open at the time, with my head out the window to admire him better. smirk