• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Alumacraft or G3

cm1977

I am looking at getting either a 2008 Alumacraft Trophy 175 with a Honda 115 or a 2008 G3 V175 FS with a Yamaha 115. Anyone have any thoughts on going one way or the other?

Thanks for your help!

I have a G3 172T with 75hp Yamaha. Looked at the Alumacrafts, but didnt like the layout. I was told that the hull thickness is better on G3. My opinion is that G3 builds a fine boat. They just havent been around that many years so they're not as well known.

Can you get the Alumacraft with the Yamaha? If that was an option I would go with the Alumacraft with the 115 Yamaha. Otherwise I am partial to Alumacrafts. IMO of the aluminum boats they are the best built. The fit and finish (attention to details) is something Alumacrafts do well, again IMO.

The Alumacraft has a bigger fuel tank, bigger livewells and the bow live well includes a bait storage system. The G3 does have a thicker hull, .200" vs. .160". I don't know if the .040" would make the hull noticably more rigid or if the ride would be any different. The Alumacraft is a few inches longer and 90 lbs lighter. Both are the same width.

Check both of them out, sit in both, poke around, see which one you like best.

You can get the Alumacraft with the Yamaha. I've been looking at Alumacrafts for a while myself. I haven't looked at the Honda's because they are heavier (I think). As casey said, the Yamaha is the way to go.

Alumacraft with Yamaha IMO. Better yet, at least for the pocketbook, Alumacraft with a Suzuki. Bulletproof motor for a bit less money. Like mentioned before, Honda's are a bit heavier. I'd go Yamaha (or Suzuki) with the Alumacraft.

I've got the 07 Tournament pro with a Yammy and I love it.

Plenty of rod storage and the lay out works great for me.

I think i have 5 slots for 8' rods and the rest over 7-7.5'

No issues at all in last 2 seasons.

I think the trophy is very similiar to the TP but cant remember for sure.

G3Who?

The Trophy is more of a sport & fish boat where as the T-pro is more of a fishing boat. The Trophy has the bow set up so cushions could be put up there for having more than one person sit up there. The T-pro has it set up for more storage, livewell and then the sweet rod storage set-up.

MuleShack - which T-pro and Yammy do you have?

Thanks for all the imput guys! I agree on the Yamaha motor, currently have one on both the fishing boat I am trading in and the pontoon and love them both. The Honda can't be switched out, it is rigged up that way as it is last year's model. The search continues...