• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dega

LMITOUT

I like the balled up restricter plate type racing. The nationwide guys proved you can do a lot of racing with little carnage in there race yesterday which leads me to believe that maybe the A game guys should check there ego's at the gate and do what there paid to do!!

I like the 800 lead changes. I like watching the lines move up. I like seeing a guy fall out of the draft, end up in the back and 5 laps later is back in the top five. I like the anticipation of the single file line and waiting for who is going to break it up and make a charge to the front.

With that being said I like a good crash but if there is a lot of excitement during the race I don't need a crash fix! There are some tracks that we just pray a fan throws a cooler out on the track just so there is some excitement. Cali"bore"nia anybody? If Talledega became a California than there is no reason for me to watch. As far as I'm concerned there are to many stops in the circuit that make weekends better suited for cleaning out the gutters than watching the race!!

What airjer said!

The best part about the plate races is the game within the game. It's a chess match seeing who's moves work and which ones don't. The last ten laps of a plate race are as good as it gets.

As far as the Nationwide race, I think it's more to do with the car and the aero package they run. The Cup guys had a similar package one year and it was great plate racing. Lots of passing and cars could suck-up and pass. Must have been too good because they pulled that package the following year.

If anyone recalls, there was a stretch some years ago where there was some dismal plate racing and all they did was ride around because if they pulled out they were going to the back. The COT has brought some of the passing and drafting back at least.

I really enjoyed watching Newman and Hamlin lock up and rocket to the front with 14 to go yesterday. I had Newman picked in a pool and it was awesome seeing that move they made. It really seemed like two cars locked on the high side was the way to move at Dega. Carl and BK made it to the front the exact same way. I kinda wish Newman and Hamlin would have moved high as they were able to run 5-6 mph faster in the corners high rather than low.

I really enjoyed the race yesterday, Everyone that wasn't envolved with the "big one" early in the race had a chance at the end. I held my breath when Carl went flying. I don't like seing that. He ran a great race staying away from incidents, till the last lap. I am very reliefed to see everyone walk away, and are able to race next weekend!

There is not a driver out there that would like to go back to a plate track. They all hate it.

Pretty presumptuous, Harv,

I think Brad keselowski and a few others would disagree with that statement.

They might hate "the plate", but not the track.

Talladega is one of the 8 wonders of the racing world.

Any driver good enough to race there must truely feel blessed.

It was great race. One of the best of the season so far.

I had to laugh at Jimmy in the post race interview when he just sighed and said "man I hate racin here" and am allways real happy to leave. shocked I think hes hanging around smoke on the days off...first he started looking more like him now starting to sound like him grin hope for his sake he can keep the gut from being similar too wink

I think they should remove the plates, wings, and use narrower tire at Daytona and dega. Then you would see who can handle the power and drive a loose car. The problem with that is that that little @#$%*&# 18 would probably win because he's not smart enough to have any fear yet!

Seriously narrow tires would slow them down and put the driver back in control.

If you are going to remove the plates, you will need to remove the fans. The plates are there to slow the cars down, and keep them from flying into the catch fence/grand stands. 1987 ring a bell? No plates at that race and Allison ended up in the grandstands worse than Carl did. If they pull the plates and the cars are running 220-230+, which they will, then turn one sideways and see how far up in the air it will go. It dont matter to me, I will be watching from home, but I bet the people sitting in the stands in the dogleg would care.

If you ask me NASCAR loves the plate tracks. They are the only ones they have successfully created 43 of the exact same cars.

It sickens me when I hear a Nascar "fan" say "Did you see the great crash"?

I agree with Harvey. There are no "good" crashes in racing. I'm an NHRA fan as much as Nascar. Last year the NHRA lost it's 2nd driver in as many years. It's VERY hard being a fan of racing sometimes. I like the Nascar family of drivers and don't wish any injury upon ANY of them. The fact is drivers can die in a crash. Good crash?? I don't get it!!

In most other sport, you don't have the real possibility of a competitor dying. This seperates motor sport from other entertainment. The safety meassures taken since Dale's crash have been nothing short of life-saving. Look at the impact Ryan Newman's car took yesterday. The COT is a tank and it saved Ryan's life yesterday, I have no doubt about that.

But in my opinion the race yesterday would have been equally FANTASTIC had Keslowski just finished off the great pass and continued untouched to the finish line.

Because nobody seems to be talking about the great last second move the Rookie made!!

That was cool that Keslowski said he talked about the "winning move" with Jr. BEFORE the race. I'm not a fan of Jr. but his sincere joy for Keslowski and his entire team shows the class of Dale.