• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dega

LMITOUT

What a great race!! Too bad they don't have races like that every week. That was quite the ending with the four cars paired up and racing for the finish. Never seen anything like that before.

The rednecks holding their beers up as Carl went down the fence never flinched!

Carl running across the finish line in Ricky Bobby like fashion was the best ever. LOL.

Whew!

I hate these plate races. One of these days another death will happen.

It shows again today that with much luck, anyone can win on of these plate races. One mistake by anyone getting ansy and they take out a share of the field.

Yes, they have lots of action but If they ran all plate tracks in a year, we would have no racing left as the car owners could not afford all the damage and costs to the team.

I hate these plate races. One of these days another death will happen.

Well it's grown men racing cars, not the Wednesday night quilting club. As long as people are racing there are going to be accidents and some worse than others. The only way to prevent it is to stop racing. They know what they signed up for when they started racing back when they were kids. If they don't like it they can quit or quit complaining.

The only issue I have with people watching racing is they like to see blood. Until one has been involved in racing, they cannot understand that racing is more than crashes and blood.

I realize racing can be dangerous but what I don't understand is that people like to see the blood.

Why not cheer for a good close race without the blood and bad crashes? There is nothing better than good racing without a death or busted up driver.

Airline pilots risk their life when they fly also but we don't say, boy that was coll when the plane goes down.

The only one to blame for the last lap incident is NASCAR. The drivers followed the rules they put in place. I feel the same way about plate racing as Harvey Lee. There are exciting moments but it is not racing in my opinion, I don't care for it. It was hard to watch Carl flying through the air and start on fire. He was lucky to walk away, he even seemed a little shook in the post race interview. It is just a matter of time before restrictor plate racing hurt or kill someone.

Originally Posted By: mnhunter 3815
what a good race.

What a dirty way to win a race. Lucky Carl and about 100 ppl in the crowd didn't get killed

my thoughts exactly, if some bigger pieces of that car came over it would have been bad news for nascar

I'm not sure how you can compare an aircraft crashing and racing...complete different things.

Why do they have demolition derbies? For the wrecks. NASCAR is a glorified demolition derby. If someone doesn't like that then I guess they should put the cars on tracks so they don't collide. Wrecks are part of racing and I don't think anybody wants to see a driver injured, but it does add excitement to a typically boring follow-the-leader race that we see for 32 other weeks of the season.

NASCAR set this wreck up today with their ruling last year when Regan Smith went below the yellow line to avoid the block and won, but then was disqualified for the pass out of bounds. The drivers aren't going to let off coming to the checkered flag so if you block you risk getting dumped, ala Edwards today, and like I said before if they don't like it then they can either quit racing or quit complaining.

You agree that it was a dirty way to win the race yet how many times has your favorite driver dumped someone more blatant than what happened today??? LOL!

The Rat got what he deserved today with his idiotic swerving and blocking. Burton stepped up and said enough is enough, goodbye!

I'm not sure how you can compare an aircraft crashing and racing...complete different things.

Why do they have demolition derbies? For the wrecks. NASCAR is a glorified demolition derby. If someone doesn't like that then I guess they should put the cars on tracks so they don't collide. Wrecks are part of racing and I don't think anybody wants to see a driver injured, but it does add excitement to a typically boring follow-the-leader race that we see for 32 other weeks of the season.

NASCAR set this wreck up today with their ruling last year when Regan Smith went below the yellow line to avoid the block and won, but then was disqualified for the pass out of bounds. The drivers aren't going to let off coming to the checkered flag so if you block you risk getting dumped, ala Edwards today, and like I said before if they don't like it then they can either quit racing or quit complaining.

You say thats the risk of racing, same with airline pilots as they know they could crash.

There is not a driver out there that would like to go back to a plate track. They all hate it.

NASCAR is not looking to set crashes up in any way, shape or form. They are not looking for another death like the Big E's.

That statement is a huge stretch.

I guess maybe the safer walls were a bad thing Lmitout as it helps save a few lives.

And to think that Nascar is a demo is another funny one. I would highly doubt that Nascar wants these crashes but some fans do.

I agree with Harvey Lee about there being a lot more to racing than the crashes. I've driven a car for a couple years and pitted for a few, and yes you can see more things going on after you've been a part of it.

That being said - if the drivers are worried about their health and welfare that much (they should be) then why do they make all those erratic risky blocks?

NASCAR isn't turning the wheel for them. But they have made the cars so safe you can do pirouettes and flips all over the place at 190 mph. The drivers know they'll get shaken but probably walk away just fine. Blast me for saying that but they keep on doing it.

Plate races are exciting for me and this weekend was a wowzer. I like to see alot of passing and the guys setting up the pass in advance. But the Kenseth and Edwards wrecks were a bit much.

I think Sr. called it a [PoorWordUsage] chess game. He was right. It takes a lot of thought and one bad move ruins your game.

how can it be a dirty way to win the race carl went down to where brad was and carl even said he didnt think brad was down there ,,carl is the king of class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!now if that would have been other drivers it would have been all blame

how can it be a dirty way to win the race carl went down to where brad was and carl even said he didnt think brad was down there ,,carl is the king of class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!now if that would have been other drivers it would have been all blame

well, if Keselowski's last name would have started with a B, we'd never heard the end of it

NASCAR is not looking to set crashes up in any way, shape or form.

That statement is a huge stretch.

They absolutely are with their double yellow line rule!! Although it's not intentional they indirectly are going to cause wrecks with that rule and we saw it today.

They are forcing drivers to stay above the line or face DQ. What do you think the driver is going to do in that situation? Well, it happened today. Last year the guy did the responsible thing and dipped down to avoid the block and was DQ'd. Lesson learned by the drivers and they know the consequences of blocking and staying above the line. Unless NASCAR lets them drop below the line we'll most likely see it again.

I don't know what the safer wall comment is about. I have no interest in seeing someone injured or worse, but everyone knows the wrecks do make it interesting whether you like them or not and always has been. They've been wrecking for years and that won't stop until they stop racing.

That being said - if the drivers are worried about their health and welfare that much (they should be) then why do they make all those erratic risky blocks?

NASCAR isn't turning the wheel for them. But they have made the cars so safe you can do pirouettes and flips all over the place at 190 mph. The drivers know they'll get shaken but probably walk away just fine. Blast me for saying that but they keep on doing it.

This is one of the reasons I think the guys behind the wheel do this crazy stuff. If the cars were not as safe, you would not see Kyle out there running the way he does for very long. I didn't get to see the whole race but I did see Burton dump him. He got what he deserved in my opinion. You know as a driver, you have a shot at winning a plate race if you are in the top 20 with 10 to go. Blocking like that with 25 to go is idiotic. Carl's crash was one of the worst I have seen in recent years and he was very humble after the race in the interview. He admitted guilt and said he would have done the same thing in BK's position. He came down on him thinking he was clear while knowing BK couldn't cross the line. Had he not come down to block, he would have been 1st or 2nd. Not the way it turned out though.

I do think plate tracks are pretty much a high speed demo derby. With that many people running that close to each other at those speeds, it is only a matter of time before a big crash happens.