• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flathead Catfish Photo Gallery

HotPocket

well first I dont fuzz out my photos, there is enough river out there for every one.. LOL... I dont hog any spots or keep secrets.. LOL.. only cause I dont have any.. lol... Ok or maybe I take phots strategically so no one can tell where I am.. lol..

And as for that battle scar.. Yes there is a story for that.. Seeing the rocks and we all know how the fight can be and how in the dark you get a bit over excited and might loose your footing..... right..... well not in this case... He crapped all over me.. there was a lot more than that.. filled my shoe almost to the top... LMAO.... how is that for a story... LOL...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice fish elwood! I love seeing these day time flats...i think this is heavily overlooked in our arsenal and having read a few articles from guys down south they catch more flatheads in the day then at night....you and jake seem to be sharpening your skills at this...Nice job!

Rusty I know where those Rocks are and i think you are slacking in the fact that i had to see that fish online before i saw it sent to my phone and for that i dont have have to think you are slacking i flat out know you are slacking

Well heres my first flat of the season.........not as big as some of most of the others, but a good start!......It was caught in pool 5A on the Miss......on a crawler......i weighed about 8 lbs....but had a huge belly! a7787986fe.jpg

Why wont my picture show up on the post????

or do this:

when using webshots, click the button on the bottom right of the picture "copy paste code"

select the 600pixel option

then copy the direct link code.

then paste that here in your post and then sandwich that code with xxxxx (where xxxxx is your code)

2802007000105045843S600x600Q85.jpg

I keep forgetting to take photos with the phone.. LOL... I ge the darn cam shot with the control and get all worked up and forget the phone cam LOL.... But the way the summer is going for me, I cant seem to get a good night out fishing for nothing.. Fished three nights in a row and skunked every night.. Got a few runs but nothing hooked up.. sigh... Man I am not having a good summer.. This is the worst streek of bad luck I have had in forever.. I dont think I like it. I take people out fishing and of course they get fish but I cant seem to get any consistant bite on mine at all.. sigh.. sigh..

we have had some really nice outings this year, i had to put in some time I tell ya the big fish in that group went just over 40" and it was on a brand new rig I was freakin pumped and the next night I caught another nice fish with a tag on it. I havnt fished as much this year but my brother has been really hittin em hard with results our group of three have landed three 40's and several 30's I will be tryin hard to get out more and keep you guys up to date

The last 2 big fish caught this year have unloaded everywhere in my boat, and the smell is like no other. Made my girlfriend gag the next day when she smelled it.

As for secret spots, most people that have any clue about catfishing are most likely going to fish a spot that looks good. Saturday night I came back down river and passed 4 boats all posted up in good spots that we wanted to try on the way down.

Also I know of a few people who will religously fish a spot that they have heard a big one was caught at, even right down to the method used (for example, jigging off a rock), not going to say any names. I have made the mistake of telling people some tactics or bait placements and word travels faster than light around here. But what can you do, there is a lot of river to fish when you have a boat. It is good to hear of big flats getting caught and released.

well first I dont fuzz out my photos, there is enough river out there for every one.. LOL... I dont hog any spots or keep secrets.. LOL.. only cause I dont have any.. lol... Ok or maybe I take phots strategically so no one can tell where I am.. lol..

Wiskers, you must have forgotten about your channel cat picture on "THE WALL" post of personal bests. Looks blurred out to me.

I figured I should post some pics since I finally got out on the river...I just wish I would have brought my kotc sign with and got some better pics. The 42# is my new personal best...what a piggy!

6-19-0910flathead.jpg

first flat of the year...10# on 6-19-09

6-20-0931flathead.jpg

2nd 31# on 6-20-09

6-28-0942flathead.jpg

6-28-0942flatheadsideview.jpg

3rd 42# on 6-28-09

There is a free application out there where you might be able to lighten up those pictures in a way that will look natural. Google PhotoScape and use the brighten/low and brighten/middle filter. It's a shame those pictures and memories are so dark.