• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twitter?

LMITOUT

Anybody hooked into the Twitter revolution yet? I've heard about it for a while now but have seen it mentioned more and more lately in the mainstream media. You can follow people of course, but there is also news updates, sports scores, you name it. You can really get lost looking at who is following who and then looking at who is following them.

It's a lot like a diary or blog of your day to day activities. It could be used as a tool to log your outdoor activities and let others follow you as head out fishing, hunting, or what have you and then the results afterwards.

So is anyone else twittering?

I don't get it. I know what it is and what it's all about but why would I care if my friend is going to the bathroom, mowing the lawn, or at the dentist? I just don't get it. I must be getting old?????

The facebook thing is odd to me too. The site tells me I have 300 "friends" but most of them never call me or see me in person?

yeah I'm getting old.

I don't want anyone following me. grin As far as Facebook is concerned, I tell everyone I don't want any friends, except my own daughters so I can keep up with my grandkids' photos and videos. Other than that, I really don't care what anyone else is doing. If I want to keep in touch, I'll email them.

Twitter is for narcissists who actually think we care about what they are doing every minute of their less-than-stellar lives (Twitter to All: I'm sitting on the pot. Twitter to All: I'm wiping. Twitter to All: I'm flushing. Twitter to All: I'm washing my hands) Yeah, whatever.

I do Facebook. But I gotta say, the "causes" and the "invites" and the "apps" people keep sending me, quit sending them to me. I deleted over 75 invitations to do various stuff the other day. With all the viruses a computer can get these days, I'd rather not download them. I like Facebook because I can see what old friends look like, and chat with them and see how they are now.

I have to agree with you Zamboni. I basically signed up on Facebook to catch up with some old friends and now I keep getting invites from people I never even talked to in the past.

I sign in and have all these invites for snowball fights, and quizzes, and groups this and that.

Seems pretty stupid to me, but then again, I am a dinousaur! I thought it was pretty funny that President B-Rock had called the creator of Twitter to Washingon to pick his brain about the economy. The funny part is that this guy invented this Twitter thing that is sweeping the nation and he has yet to make penny one from the thing. Sounds like the kind of guy I want to take economic advice from!!!! LOL

I have to agree with you Zamboni. I basically signed up on Facebook to catch up with some old friends and now I keep getting invites from people I never even talked to in the past.

I sign in and have all these invites for snowball fights, and quizzes, and groups this and that.

I'm third in line for this. Hate all the junk I get.

Can I send you a green beer?? No, you may not.

Oh My Gwade guys, gotta tell ya what happened last night. I don't check my facebook a ton but this thread got me to go check it and see how much carp I had to weed through.

So this guy comes on and starts chatting with me. I said the name looked familiar but who are ya. He said he was from ND and just wanted to make some friends. He asked if I would chat with him. I'm not one to be too rude so I said sure but I'm not on here much. He then asked if he could CALL ME!! I asked what for and he said "to get to know me better" sick

I don't think I ever hit the delete key that fast in my life!!

...and that's why Twitter is going to blow Facebook off the map. That, and the fact it's much more information orientated. Just look at the number of commercial websites that have Twitter links and that should tell you where this is going.