• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HS Tourney Time!

quackersmacker

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
Originally Posted By: mnwild
Go Blaine is all I can say they are my team..

GO CENTURY

Thank Goodness Lakeville North didn't make the tourney again with a 6-24 record...... that whole section chaps my Rear end!

Sorry Zep...Congrats on making it but its O and 2 and Barbecue for your boys this weekend!... grin

The Century boys played a great game even though their competition (Lakeville North) has struggled this year. The Century/Lakeville game would have been a complete blowout had the officials not intervened. As an official myself, I cannot believe the blatant lack of calls towards any particular team. Not only penalties, but other calls such as offsides, high-sticking etc.

I'm looking forward to a good game on Thursday.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: fishing tech
It is nice to STA got knocked out. They should be playing AA.

I also believe STA should move up but if true than so should Warroad, Hermantown, Marshall and Little Falls as teams that have experienced similar success to STA over the last 5 years or so. This year STA has beat Hill, Cretin, Moorhead, and Minnetonka. That is a pretty good AA resume.

I partially agree with you but not many of the A schools have won 2 of the past 3 state titles like STA has. I also like the fact that Roseau is man enough to play with the big schools but I don't really fault Warroad, Hermantown or any other A school for staying down. Sure from time to time they can compete with the AA schools but not on a yearly basis. Not long ago Warroad had some pretty weak teams, and Little Falls has had a nice run but that could all change next year.

Quote:
I partially agree with you but not many of the A schools have won 2 of the past 3 state titles like STA has. I also like the fact that Roseau is man enough to play with the big schools but I don't really fault Warroad, Hermantown or any other A school for staying down. Sure from time to time they can compete with the AA schools but not on a yearly basis. Not long ago Warroad had some pretty weak teams, and Little Falls has had a nice run but that could all change next year.

+1 The Rams usually have a good youth program where they have good development, kinda like Moorhead, and other schools in MN. They seem to constantly have good youth teams year after year. Warroad has been really good to fairly good in the last 5 years, but they are a True Class "A" team, they don't always win Championships. St.Thomas Academy is another story, they can play with the "big schools" and I think they fit in Class A well, They're competitive, but they'd be a good one to add to Class AA as well. I like Hermantown in Class A, they are competitive is great in Section 7A with Duluth schools, Virginia and Hibbing. If more teams should be in AA or whatnot, well maybe we'd be better off with a one class system like years ago?

I would love to see the spuds beat edina. The spuds lost a few players mid year to injury resulting in the loosing streak. But before and after than pretty much up beaten. They also have the talent to take the tourney. There is about 4 or 5 teams that could win in AA depending on what team shows up for edina. I am pumped as I get to see all the games again this year. Oh except the last, most important game. My wife decided the tourney wasn't important enough to miss her work event. grrr... And I paid premo for my tickets. I surely will enjoy Thursday and Friday though!

Johnson is going to A next year.

STA has an enrollment of 700 I believe, all boys. Roseau and Warroad combined total enrollment(boys and girls) is about 600 maybe.

I would like to see the top 8 AA and A play a 16 team tourney.

Rate them 1-8 in each class and then 1AA plays 8A and so on, winners move on losers go home.

Or have the A winner play the AA winner on Sunday.

Roseau has a very strong youth program (their Mite 3's are very good, too).

To me, it doesn't make sense for Bemidji to go to AA when we haven't (I don't believe) even been to a Section Finals game in a long time. I know the HS and Youth Hockey programs are getting much better, and I really like our youth coaches. Why is AA better? I understand we're a AA size school, but is the program at that level yet?

Is Hanowski committed to a college?

Looking forward to the 6 pm game and see if #9 from LF is the real deal...Hano!! Warroad had a easy one earlier today, looking forward to tomorrow's game Edina/Moorhead!

Hanowski is the real deal, don't let Little Falls weak schedule fool you he would be playing on the first line on any team in the state. He is going to St. Cloud next year Shorelunch.

Hanowski looked great, as did a few other players on the Little Falls team. I didn't think they would be as good as they were even though they are undefeated this season. That's a pretty quick team! I'm looking forward to watching them again on Friday.

I also think the early games in each session tomorrow will be good ones. Eden Prarie vs. Hill and Edina vs. Moorhead both ought to be fun games. I wish I could skip work tomorrow to head to the X!

guys I know Hano is a good player, I was putting a little sarcasm in there because of all the guys saying they have a weak schedule, they don't play anyone, blahblahblah. He had some nice goals last night. I think Breck really looked fast and quick their game against Little Falls tomorrow will be a fun one to watch. I am picking Breck to win this one.

Shorelunch- Bemidji should be in AA (always have), why do you want them to be in A...so they have a better chance at state? (thats what some players/parents wanted to move to A a couple years ago for this reason, dumb IMO.) Maybe so, they'll have a stronger team next season with most players coming back. Yes, they have not been in a section final game for a while (9 years), so have some other teams in MN, some never make it to the finals! It's always a toss up between Roseau/Moorhead in 8AA but I think we are seeing a good chance that Bemidji will be playing in the sectional finals next year. Only time will tell.

Some great games on TV today, I'll be there for the first 3 games, should be a fun day for hockey!

I think Breck really looked fast and quick their game against Little Falls tomorrow will be a fun one to watch. I am picking Breck to win this one.

I thought Little Falls looked quick as well. Wasn't too crazy about their short bench though. Top line logged a lot of ice time and that may hurt them in the semis. IMO, seems those that advance play 3 lines consistantly. Should be fun!! Love this time of year!!

Shorelunch- Bemidji should be in AA (always have), why do you want them to be in A...so they have a better chance at state? (thats what some players/parents wanted to move to A a couple years ago for this reason, dumb IMO.) Maybe so, they'll have a stronger team next season with most players coming back. Yes, they have not been in a section final game for a while (9 years), so have some other teams in MN, some never make it to the finals! It's always a toss up between Roseau/Moorhead in 8AA but I think we are seeing a good chance that Bemidji will be playing in the sectional finals next year. Only time will tell.

Some great games on TV today, I'll be there for the first 3 games, should be a fun day for hockey!

I'm "optimistically" excited for Bemidji to be in AA. I hope the quality of the youth program players' transcends to the HS program (I don't it has in the past). It would/will wink be a heck of a story for Bemidji making it past Roseau/Moorhead!

What's the story with the Hill Murray team this year and kids leaving?