• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

STOLEN!!!: My Kids' Arctic Cat ZR120

Well, 2009 is sure turning out to be the year I'd like to forget for me and my family. First, I was laid off in early February. Now, the kids' "ditch-pickle" was stolen from the yard! We purchased it used just last year.

In my unexpected time off, yesterday afternoon my retired dad (who never goes fishing) and I made it out to Lake Independence to chase some crappies. We did pretty well and caught nearly our limit. While driving through Medina on the way back to my home in Brooklyn Park, we talked politics, current events, economy, crime. I offered to my dad what a relaxed feeling I experience when driving through the western suburbs. I told him that I just seem to breathe easier and feel a sense of calm when in that area of the metro area, compared to other areas of the twin cities.

We arrived at my home and as I'm backing the trailer with the shack into the driveway I mentioned that I needed to be careful not to hit the "pickle". After we got out of the truck, my heart sunk when I realized that the "pickle" was not where the kid's last parked it in the yard after riding with the new snow storms. Someone had stolen it.

Needless to say, my 8 y/o daughter and 5 y/o son are both devastated. Yeah, shame on me for not putting it back in the shed under lock & key, but we live on a quiet culdesac and have great neighbors so I sure didn't see this coming. The weekend trip to the family cabin in Richmond today to go snowmobiling is now canceled...ARGHHHH.

If anyone happens to see a green Arctic Cat ZR120 new in their neighborhood or hear of one being offered for sale somewhere, I'd really appreciate a heads up. Brooklyn Park's finest was out and took a report last night and I'll be doing the standard Craig's List searches for the next 3 months to see if it appears there, but I'm not real hopeful. I've been following some stories about the successful sightings and recovery of some perm's on the FM site so I figured I'd give this a shot.

I'm currently not in a financial position to offer a large reward, but I'll do what I can to make it worth your while if information leads to the recovery and/or prosecution of the person involved in the theft. Below is a description and contact info.

Model: 2005 Arctic Cat ZR120

Color: Green hood w/factory flame graphics and mainly green seat. There is a safety flag on a 6 foot fiberglass rod on the back bumper.

MN Registration #: HL5827 - Exp. June 30, 2010. (These have probably been removed already.)

Serial #: 4UF05SNWX5T101555

Date of Theft: 2/25/09-2/27/09

I'll be bumping this message from time to time, to keep it current...accept my apologies for that in advance.

Thanks folks!

ditchpickle.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

You know it's one thing to steal from peers, but to go after the kids stuff?

Maddening mad

Let's get this sled back. Keep you eyes peeled!

Agree 100%.

Maybe check into your home owners Dell to see if they'll cover the loss.

You know it's one thing to steal from peers, but to go after the kids stuff?

Maddening mad

Let's get this sled back. Keep you eyes peeled!

In my book stealing from anyone is B.S. Good luck getting his sled back.

Geez, I feel like a slug for bumping this post above the story about Noah. But, if the creeps who stole my children's sled are to be caught...

Oh, and no insurance coverage through my homeowner's policy. Now I'm really unhappy. 8^(

Not sure how secluded Dellfin's house is, but I'm almost wondering if it was actually kids who took it.

In cases like this, I'm willing to bet a good portion of the people who are taking the snowmobiles or ATV's are aged 21 or younger.

sorry to hear it dell. same thing happened to my kids 120 few years ago. 5 days before x-mas, sitting in the front yard. i never thought any one would mess with it. i live two miles west of staples on hiway 10 and thousands of people drive by my house every day. i guess thats an easy target. i would have loved to got up and get a drink of water that night and happen to look out the window at them carrying it away. the ole SKS would have gotten them to dance a little. mad

I saw someone unloading the same sled on Big Lake yesterday morning. It looked kind of suspicious. I didn't get a good luck at the sled, but I just remembered seeing it after reading this. This could be a long shot, but who knows. They were driving a late 80's-early 90's red extended cab Chevy or GMC. I was driving by on Highway 10 and they caught my eye as they were the only ones on the lake.

Good eye LD. This does seem odd considering it's a kids sled, kids in school yesterday, but they were unloading this sled in the morning when most kids are in school.

Sounds like a call to the local authorities to keep a watchful eye out for the vehicle and sled is in order.

LakeDocktor-

Can you please eMail me at the address at the bottom of my original post and let me know how I can contact you? I'd really like to get some additional info ASAP.

Thanks,

Dellfin

Took a drive up to Big Lake this morning and poked around. Considering the warm weather, I thought maybe I'd see the same crew that LakeDockter saw on Monday...nothing. I stopped in and chatted with the Big Lake PD and they'll be keeping their eyes open.

Man, I need to find a job. I think I'm getting wound around the axle a little too tight on this whole deal. Maybe if my son would just quit asking, "Did you find it yet?".

Keep on the lookout. Thanks for your help folks.

As we approach what could be the last weekend with any metro snow (although it is March and tournament season) please keep an eye out on local lakes and fields for any sightings of this sled.

After this weekend I think I'll throw in the towel for actively searching and wait for law enforcement or some one-who-thinks-I-am-silly to try to register the stolen snowmobile.

On that note, does anyone know what protocol is for a licensing agent when someone comes in to try to register a vehicle that's been reported stolen? I mean, do they try to stall the guy at the window while they call the coppers, or, simply tell them, "can't because it's been reported stolen" and tell them to have a nice day?

Thanks again FM members. Let me know of any and all sightings and collect license plate info on vehicles involved if it looks like a possibility. Keep your fingers crossed!

If someone attempts to register it the DMV will be able to see that it has been flagged as stolen....

Sadly... at that point.. it all depends on the character/quality of the person behind the counter as to what they do next.

Law Enforcement should be contact IMMEDIATELY in such a case so that they can respond to that location and "deal" with the suspect(s)..

Unfortunately I have seen where the DMV just copies the information and gives it to Police later... and then the information is inaccurate.. ODD.. that someone who has the heart to steal from a child would also have a fake ID.. DUH!

I dont know what some people are thinking...

Good luck to you...