• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Reel

Esox_Magnum

All I have heard is great reports of the Toros. I'm not an Abu fan yet they impressed me enough to buy one, also helped I got a deal on it. I know you can't go wrong with a TE and should last you many many years. I also like my Curado but I don't think I would troll with it. Cardiffs are made in lefty's I picked up one on the bay a couple years ago for $40.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reel lefty too. Ive had such good success with the Cradiffs and Corvulas its tuf for me to wanna use something else. Ive burned through all the abus, including the Record. I was hoping the Record was gonna be a good one. It last about 15 hours casting double cowgirls. And it costed me the longest fish I have every had hooks into.

So I have 3 cardiffs that are all 3 years old. As of this winter I sent them in to get everything working again. All 3 were pretty much shot!! But they got used A LOT for 3 years. I sent them in and they fixed them all up and I didnt even get charged for it!!(shipping 7 bucks) I couldnt believe it. The price is great on those reels and I couldnt be happier!!

Quote:
i would not waste your money on the te I got a couple in the garge hate them and yes they do fail. shimano gets way to much $$$ for there reels

email me if you'd like to get them out of your life. maybe we can figure something out?

I swear this is like the Chevy/Ford debate. Every time I have a decision made, someone makes great arguements to change my mind. The problem is that all of these reels cannot handle the DCG's for any length of time. So what if we do a poll we can vote on it. Pick your single favorite all around reel.

Shimano TE

Shimano Cardiff

Shimano Curado

Abu Record

Abu Toro

Diawa Luna

Other________

My favorites been discontinued its a Shimano Corsair ( I know many think this is a POS reel but I have had great luck with them). If I had to pic 1 it would be the Okuma Indurom , Curado a close 2nd. Jurys still out on the Toro till I see if it makes it through a season.

After seeing both my partners Lunas fail last year, 1 under mimimal use the other was fixed twice I don't think I would put down $230 for one. Of course I'm a righty I have more choices.

I carry 5 combos though due to the fact there is no 1 covers all set up.

TE. i've not used newer reels for bigger baits since having them. so all i can go by really is asking questions and online reviews/head to heads. if i wanted (and i am getting one) a reel for just the big stuff like pounders, big blades,trolling 14''ers and bigger, it's the 700 TE. everything else the 400TE's and it's done. no more needs. but i did get the 250 TE/DC for small and medium baits. i just like the feel and lack of effort reeling. to date i've not had to deal with a useless reel on an outing, and i never regreted getting them.. my vote is TE.

Could anyone give me some info on the Revo Toros? I don't think I've seen one before.

P.S. Just checked out their HSOforum, they look really good for the money, and a cheaper answer to the Curados? Do you guys think the 6:1 fast gear ratio would burn out too quickly?

For retailers that still have the previous model Curado 300DSV, you can often find them for $200 (It was replaced by the current 300E model). I think [PoorWordUsage] may still have some. I picked up one of mine on d'bay for $165 in like new condition.