• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My Boreal Chickadee version

So everybody has been shooting these speed merchants except for moi. Finally got up there and it didn't take long for these skiddish birds to make an appearance. There was anywhere from one to four birds on and off throughout the day. The morning was most active and the shooting was fun and frustrating at times. Generally they would NOT go to where we wanted them, so you really had to stay alert when they were around so you wouldn't miss that split second opportunity to get them with a nice pose and good eye contact. I deleted alot of images where the bird was just slightly looking away or out of position. Thats my way of saying I don't have many of what I deem as keepers. So I'll have to go back again. wink

Here is the angle I took... eye level with a nice complimentary brown BG.

Nice to see you again, Jonny and to meet you, Jim!

Thanks Dan, Dukhnt and Jim! You folks up near the bog are spoiled and I'm jealous!

I'm working on getting a "pass" to come up again on saturday... inclement weather makes for nice photo ops... the snow element.

It was nice yesterday as there was virtually nobody around up there.

Nice Boreals Mike!....They are just a neat little bird!....I think I'll wait and see what the weather brings for the weekend before any commitment is made for "bogging"....I had that bald eagle at Owl Avenue being "pummeled" by a horde of ravens yesterday...that would have been a nice photo...just never know what a guy's going to see in the "bog"!....We recieved about an inch of fresh snow since yesterday....nice photo conditions .....