• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wii questions

fishinchicks

We have not purchased any type of gaming system for our kids, but now they are wanting a Wii Fit for Christmas. They have played their cousin's Wii, so they have been exposed to it a little. By the way - three girls ages 18,16, and 14.

Do you think it would be worth it, or just a phase they might get over? Is it even possible to find one anywhere now?

Some opinions would be great.

We got ours for Christmas and I still enjoy a little Guitar Hero, Mario Cart, and a little bowling here and there. My boys (there 6) would play it 24/7 if we would let them! The wife was hinting about the Wii fit the other day and my response was how will it look next to the towel rack A.K.A the treadmill! grin

Quote:
The wife was hinting about the Wii fit the other day and my response was how will it look next to the towel rack A.K.A the treadmill!

Yet your still here to talk about it today grin

I think I would have not survived that one.

The wii fit is fun and I have known folks that used it religously and lost weight. It does make it fun. I would suggest getting Mario Cart as well as it's a blast to play. If you google Biddy Boo's they are in stock.

Thanks for a tip on where to find one, Sandmannd.

I have one daughter who used a Wii Fit as part of her physical therapy. She had a stress fracture in her lower tibia a year ago that hasn't fully healed yet. They had her doing the downhill skiing and balancing stuff on her weak leg. She said it would probably be good for my daughter and hubby who both have MS. They need to keep up with balancing stuff since they are both weak on the left side. That is the main reason they are asking for the Wii Fit.

Thanks for a tip on where to find one, Sandmannd.

I have one daughter who used a Wii Fit as part of her physical therapy. She had a stress fracture in her lower tibia a year ago that hasn't fully healed yet. They had her doing the downhill skiing and balancing stuff on her weak leg. She said it would probably be good for my daughter and hubby who both have MS. They need to keep up with balancing stuff since they are both weak on the left side. That is the main reason they are asking for the Wii Fit.

Same thing for me, I wont go into details but I had some medical problems over the summer that required extensive physical therapy. My therapist suggested wii fit for me to work at home with. I laughed at first, but now that I have actually tried it myself I use it everyday as part of my rehab. Its mostly for the balance and fine motor skills, but I can work for an hour on there and just be dripping in sweat. It has definately help aid in my recovery but also been very fun at the same time.

Woo Hoo! Got the green light. However, the girls are not going to receive this gift on Christmas Eve when we will be opening our other gifts. They will wake up to more gifts under the tree on Christmas morning. That was hubby's stipulation. grin

Now, hopefully I can still find what I need.

I haven't tried Wii Fit but I'm guessing it's got nothing on DDR in terms of calorie burning. A boss song on expert will require more effort on your part than jogging a mile and a half, and the songs are all of 100 seconds long. Then again that requires that you work at it enough to get to a difficult level. A 7 footer is a walk in the park, an 8 footer will make a good warmup, a 9 footer will definitely take it's toll on you, and a 10 footer will have your legs burning.