• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish House Chairs

Mopad

I thought this would be a interesting topic. I'm wondering what you fellow ice fishing man use for a chair in the fish house. Currently now in my fish house I'm using 2 homecrest patio chairs which are very comfortable but alittle heavy. I'm thinking about buying a big executive leather office chair on rollers. Lets hear what else people use.

BenjaminD

Depends on which house we're talking about.

In my portable I use 2 lawn chairs and that's about all the room I have.

In my 6 1/2 x 10 I have a camper table on one end that has bench seats on both sides. I like it and I hate it. It's nice for the kids, and it folds down into a bed. But it takes up a lot of room on one end of the house.

In my 10 x 14 I have a couch. Yes, a couch. It's an oldie but a goodie. I also have some folding lawn chairs for when company comes over.

Copied the layout in my Dads nice house...
He has (4)pedistal flush mounts in various locations in his house with (2) high back boat seats with arm rests and rod holders.
He has bunks where the lower is a 6 ' bench with back that folds up as well

I did the same thing only (2) mounts and (1) chair (cheaper model).My floor plan isn't real great for (2)... They sure work great though !! Swivel and height adjustable smile.gif

I have the Otter Lodge and use the folding bench seat. Works great for two people. Seat folds down and the cover fits over it.

------------------
If your are lucky enough to go fishing; you are lucky enough.

I bought and Action bird and buck sport seat about 4 years ago.(you can do a google search under action sport seat to view it) It is basically a sturdy chair with a backrest and it has nice water tight storage under it. It has a good latch and holds all of my ice tackle and vexilar besides. Since then, I have bought two more for my lunch, coffee thermos etc. I use the other one for hunting. I can put all my accessories in it and still have a nice chair along to sit in. They work great and have stood the test of time for me.

I've always used a couple of old folding chairs, but this summer I bought a couple of padded, folding boat seats. I mounted them to swivel bases and bolted them to the covers of a couple of 5 gallon pails. I always carry a couple of pails with me anyway. We'll see how those work this winter. smile.gif

I use a regular ol' padded folding chair in my portable. I tried one of my collapsible "Captain's chairs" that I picked up for $30 or so-the backrest sat so far back I couldn't see the holes without leaning forward so far I might as well as have been hunkered down with no chair at all. IMHO-simple is better here. A straight-backed padded folding chair has been the best for me.

Have you seen the Guide Series chairs? They've got pockets galore hanging from the arm handles and a built in rod holder. Thinking about getting one of those.

My portable has a small, padded chair that came with it. I'll be checking the comfort rating of that chair this winter.

At Sportsman's Warehouse I saw some "bucket seats". They're probably real easy to make. A few pieces of wood, some nice padding, and then some sort of fabric to hold the padding in place. Fits nicely on the opening of a 5 gallon bucket. Felt pretty darn comfy for the 30 seconds I sat on it. But when it comes to sitting for more than a couple minutes, might be questionable.

I'm with Benjamin...I have a Homecrest swivel rocker...the lower back style. Extremely comfortable. I also have a couple of regular folding chairs that do the trick, as well. Homecrest rules! (OK, I'm a bit of a 'homer' there...Homecrest is located where I live).

In the past, I've used card table chairs in my dad's 4x8 suitcase house. They worked pretty good.

My Otter sled has one of Otter's little folding seats. I think that seat is pretty darn comfy, even when you sit on it the entire day.

I also just picked up a few Coleman captain type camp chairs. The frames are metal and the seat & backrest are a heavy duty material. They fold flat and are also super comfy. They will see much use in my permanent house this winter.

Anything is better than sitting on the icehouse floor when you forgot your chairs shocked.gif

I just bought two of the Buck & Bird Seats with the back rest...unbeleivable. They have great storage...hard side...you can put bait, lunch, a small child...anything in them.

Very comfortable...a bit spendy...but worth it. We are using in in our deer bus, my deer stand, and in my ice house.

I found it at Sportsmans Whse in St. CLoud.

I took and old boat seat and screwed it to the cover of

a 5 gallon ice bucket. Then cut a hole in the side of

the bucket near the top. I can sit on the padded boat

seat with a back rest all day AND, when I get a fish

I can slide him through the hole into the bucket. My

buddy the Lichen Fox came up with the idea and it works

great in a portable or a permanent.