• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HIT TONIGHT!

Just want to get your thoughts guys. Hit one tonight guessing in the 150 range, 11 or 12 point. Had excellent blood then nothing after about a hundred yards.?!! I was shooting a 70 pounds bow with the rage broadheads. Looked like the shot may have been a few inches back but he was 18 yards quartering away. When I lost blood I decided to back out. First time in my life that has happened. Hope I made the right decision. I am really worried about the coyotes...also it sickens me to think I may have wounded him. It will be a sleepless night. Was also using a lighted nock for the first time. How well and how far do they show? Any help is appreciated as always.

Yeah marked the trail w/ a tampon in the tree...un used!! Wife and daughter came out to help! Couldnt see the nock any where! It was lit just barely stickn out when he was runnin. Headed out in about 4 hours....just feel the need to wait...not like I will sleep! There is still hope he was bleedin like a stuck hog for a while there...lost him in a transition area between short grass and small strip of woods....headin towards either 90 acres of woods to the north or miles of river bottom to the west. Right now he was headin mostly North.

Wow, he sounds like a nice deer. If you can't find more blood in the mourning, check near the closest water, with that much blood lose he'll need to drink. Good luck, and let us know how you do.

If I ever question a shot I always will give the deer more time. Time is always on your side. I would rather find a deer that the yotes got to than lose one.

From your shot description you should have gotten the liver and/or at least one lung. Hope you find him!

Went back this morning. You guys were right absolutely demolished the liver and clipped a small piece of the lung. But I got him no yote damage!! I only had a brief instance to view him before the shot. Can u say ground shrinkage!! The view I had of the buck for about 2 seconds made him look like an 11 I thought. I must have been seeing The G1 and 2 From the opposite side to make 11 cuz he is only a tall nine. Still a nice buck but no 150...Maybe 130. Rack was tighter then I thought also. Still my biggest with a bow to date! WOOOHOOO!!! The bar has been raised!