• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Will WI have the #1 typical by seasons end?

Cooter

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rompola buck was never allowed to be put through a formal measurement as I recall. Mitch Rompola was a complete social outcast and he claimed he had a beef with the scoring outfits and wouldn't let them touch it. It has been widely discredited as a fake all over the internet, and I bet if you do a search you can still find articles pointing out the rather obvious issues with the one and only known picture of this buck...

jkcmj

Can I be your adopted brother. 160 acres in Buffalo county and you hadn't hunted it in 15 years. I'd probably sell one of my kindeys to be able to hunt Buffalo county for nearly 20 years. You only really need one anyway. smile

Lawdog,

I have mixed feelings about the Rompola buck. Like maybe Mitch is an amazing bowhunter whos just "sticking it" to the hunting media and the B&C Assn. Im not saying one way or another, but I think its human nature. People would rather believe it a fake than think it may be real but not know!

If you look up what Rompola has shot since that "world record", it would make your head spin. To me he seems like a guy who is a DIY master at whitetail hunting, just keeps to himself. Theres nothing wrong with that. I have nothing supporting this, just what id like to believe i guess.

But FYI.... There are actually MANY photos of the Romplola buck, not just one.

I did a internet search on Rampola and variations of it, and I cant find any other pics, besides the one.

Also, I cant find any pics of him with any other deer.

Found an interesting article on the first [YouNeedAuthorization] hit about his legendary buck though.

The guy is obviously a little loose upstairs.

Did some following up on the rumors. The deer in the video was not taken. Now supposedly some one shot a new non-typical record in the twin cities. Anybody heard about that? Darn rumors.... Oh well, this should get people excited.