• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Girls' avatars

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a more serious note girls, my mom is looking at some possible eye surgery next month. I'll keep you posted on if she gets scheduled or not. I may have to bow out of this gtg if she is. frown

I hope things go well for her, and I can't imagine a GTG without Lisa!

Re: The Girls' avatars [Re: dude Lake Tom]

DeeDee

Sr FishingMN Family

Loc: DELTONA, FL Originally Posted By: dude Lake Tom

Pickled eggs and beer...A gourmet supper in a small town bar!!!

After a gourmet supper like that I bet you'll be sleeping alone!

lambjm - Love you avitar!

No wonder I was still single at the time!! shockedshocked

Originally Posted By: glenn57
and i thought that was only considered a gourmet supper in stearns county? grin i guess up north too.

Up North gourmet dinner= Lutefisk and ginger ale

Hey Hey....let's not equate Lutefisk with upnorth sick

It is a Scandinavian dish that was fish at one time, that is before it was dried, then soaked in lye to reconstitute it(they do rinse off the lye). Basically it is smelly gelatinous sick mess. They serve in many parts of MN around Xmas time.

This was actually from waaaayyyyy back, not sure how far back, but it came across with the Scandinavian immigrants before the 1900s. They did it to preserve the fish. Not sure how it came to become considered a delicacy confused There are Churches around here that serve community meals of that stuff for their members around Xmas and you can smell the stuff from a heck of a long ways away.

I wouldn't be surprised to have someone chime in and tell us just how great it is grin There are some who wait all year for a reason to eat Lutefisk.

sicksicksick

Our Christmas tradition is home made Cavateli (Frank if your reading this you cant make fun of my spelling) on Christmas Eve the then Christmas Day the usual feast but not before my sister make some crazy contraption for an appetizer.