• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Should They give me a new trailer?

LEECH21

The shop got to your trailer in a timely fashion.

You got 2 new LED tail lights out of the deal when cleaning the light socket would have fixed the problem. That alone will save you the nagging corroded light socket problem every trailer will have. Its also something that I don't think the dealer should have covered but they did anyway.

I wouldn't worry about the extra holes in the bunks and be thankful they didn't have to grind off the old mount and weld a new one on.

The shop has no obligation to pay for your gas.

IMO you've received very good customer service.

You never know, maybe on of the employees lives out your way and drop the trailer off. delivered to you, you

I agree with Frank, so far it seems like they've been accommodating.

I've heard some horror stories before.

You are looking at $60 for the LED's alone not counting install time.

I don't think they drilled a new hole either - I would guess they loosened the u-bolts, moved the bunk to be in the same spot as the other side and re-tightened the u-bolts.

I think if they upgraded you to LED's you've already been "compensated" for your issues.

marine_man

A pet peeve of mine is when people think they should get "something thrown in for the hassle". I assume you bought your rig from that dealer becasue you thought you were getting the best deal there, and/or because you thought you'd get the best service there. It's not their fault you live over 60 miles away from them.

Sounds to me like they quickly took care of your issue, and I would say that's all you should expect. That they upgraded both your lights to LEDs is going above and beyond in my opinion. I think you should be happy and satisfied that they are taking care of you like they are. As dtro said, there's a lot of horror stories out there, but yours is not one of them.

Good luck with your new rig.

My question is why did they let it off the lot in the first place if it wasn't sitting on the bunk properly? I purchased my Lund from Frankies in Chisago City and they inspected it thoroughly to make sure it was sitting on the trailer properly. They wouldn't let it off the lot until it was. The salesman checked to make sure everything was working properly and that the back seat was set just right so I wouldn't to strain to reach the tiller. When we bought our Starcraft in 1983 the dealer just said here's your boat, didn't cover squat with us. I hated that boat!

All new boats seem to have a few bugs in them. I buy my boats around 100 miles one way from where I live. They have treated me right so I keep buying there. I had some crazy issues with my last boat and it was in the shop plenty. In the long run it was well worth it. They still give me deals on everything from electronics to stainless props all with free install. Throw in a couple free lower unit changes and ultra fast turnaround and it keeps me going back. The service is what you should be looking for when buying a boat...I think they have done as expected on your boat...

My question is why did they let it off the lot in the first place if it wasn't sitting on the bunk properly? I purchased my Lund from Frankies in Chisago City and they inspected it thoroughly to make sure it was sitting on the trailer properly. They wouldn't let it off the lot until it was. The salesman checked to make sure everything was working properly and that the back seat was set just right so I wouldn't to strain to reach the tiller. When we bought our Starcraft in 1983 the dealer just said here's your boat, didn't cover squat with us. I hated that boat!

Frankies is just top notch to deal with. I haven't bought a boat from them, but they are one of the most helpful bait stores I've been in. They will point you right where the fish are.

I do think the LEDs were a nice touch, but remember, they are $60 and the normal lights are $45. So not really a big upgrade, they had to fix them some way, but it was nice they upgraded you.

Also Leech, you mentioned the winch strap was frayed due to the boat coming up sideways. At the least, they should put a new strap on for you.

good luck Leech, in a week this will all be behind you and you will be enjoying your new rig and everything will be good smile

I agree with Box on this. They should fix everything to new working condition and do something for you to compensate for your time and gas $ spent to get the stuff fixed since it wasnt done correctly by them in the 1st place.

If the dealer didnt check it to make sure it was all in working order before it left the lot it should be on them.

LED light upgrade isnt that big of a deal, especially when the lights had to be fixed anyways. It was probably cheaper/easier to put in new LED's than to try and take the time to find the problem anyways.

Actually I have no idea what a shop charges for LED's, the $60 I quoted was what it cost me to do mine recently.

I'm pretty sure I could've done regular lights for around $20

If I buy something new I expect it to be new and no problems.

IMO the time and effort to get something fixed that should have correct in the first place is worth more tan 60 bucks. Thats a whole day waisted to get something fixed. You own a buisness better bewilling to make the costumer happy if you want repeat buisness or refearals.

Compensation is not getting somethig for nothing, its being treated fair for having to waist time for their screw up.

Its not their fault you live far away but it is their fault they messed up

Since when does a warranty on a Car, Truck, Boat, Trailer, etc, mean they just give you a new one? No, you get things fixed and that is it. No compensation for time or gas. The rules for warranty's are spelled out in every manufacturer's fine print. Most if not every one of them will say they are not obligated to do anything but fix or repair the product.

I would just be happy the situation is resolved, you got some great LED lights as an upgrade, now go fish and enjoy your new boat.

I kinda hafta agree with Gus on this one. I know the customer is allways right and if you put up a big enough stink you can get free stuff, but do you really want to be known as that guy. I really try everything I can to make it up to customers but I will tell you the truth. The guys that don't ask get more than they guy that complaines all the time for free stuff. Just my 2 cents anyways. I am glad they could put the trailer in new condition for you..

I picked the rig up last night. They fixed the bunk problem by just flipping the bunk around and re-screwing it down in the right place. I can see the holes in the bottom of the bunk. I haven't tested it out yet. They also replaced the tail lights with new LED's and replaced the winch strap and rubber stopper. I asked my salesman if he could throw something in for the gas, time, and hassle of it all. He told me that they usually don't do that type of thing especially on warranty work. Oh well, guess I'm just out two nights, 256 miles, and about 75-100 bucks in gas.

...At least I got it back in a timely fashion.

Good news is you got your boat back. That's the best part. I don't agree that it's warranty work because it was never right. That's just me and you can't win against these places unless you raise a huge stink. But chances are you will have to deal with them again so you don't want to be "that guy" in there. At least it's fixed.

Leech, there taking care of the problem and making it right. That is the main thing. Your spending alot of money for the boat, and you wanta make sure that everything is done right before your warrente is out of line. Im sure there going to take care of you till the bitter end!

I did not realize they were going to call it warantey work. How do you spell warrantie anyways?. Either way. This was not a warrenty issue, it was workmanship issue. The trailer was not right in the first place. I am glad they did not charge you a deductable or anything. This all being said, I am concerned for other issues that may arise. If faulty workmanship is called warr. work, what will they call it when you need warr. work done? Negligance? Missuse? I hope all works out well for you.