• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

To-do list for the Twins

mike morris

bonser wont and cant be sent down. out of options. bass or korecky go.

punto has been oft injured as a twin. only his poor last season had him in relative health. he played quite a bit but management had been really frustrated with him with all his minor nagging injuries.

He sure can once Baker is back.

punto has been oft injured as a twin. only his poor last season had him in relative health. he played quite a bit but management had been really frustrated with him with all his minor nagging injuries.

I can only remember at most Punto being on the DL 3 times- one of those times is right now. Everett has been on the DL TWICE in 40 games. Keep Punto and Casilla, get rid of Everett. His .184 Avg makes Punto look like a triple crown winner.

From the Fanball site:

Boof Bonser: Bonser likely out when Baker returns for Twins

5/27 8:05 pm: The Minnesota Twins report RHP Scott Baker is near ready to return to the team's starting rotation, and when he does, Boof Bonser is the likely man out of a job, according to MLB.com.

Maybe they are floating this to see if they get any trade calls...if they aren't going to pitch him, trade him, because he can bring very good value in trade...

bonser will be in the pen. he will not be "sent down". guaranteed.

knee jerk-bait reactions are funny. he has had 4 bad starts. what people dont realize is although he has two wins he has 4 fantastic starts as well. but i guess run support doesnt matter to people. boof gets the worst support of any pitcher in the AL.

he needs to work on the fastball and utilize the curve as an out pitch. hes been having trouble spotting the fastball(again) but long term potential he is even with baker for having the most (not counting liriano)

again im not saying he has been great. just not as bad as people realize. go into deeper stats and sabermetrics and he has been more unlucky than bad. his advanced stats are the same as Livan's who has the opposite record.

Bonser has had 6 bad starts, not 4. His ERA is 6.16. Having a high ERA is not a matter of being unlucky. He just doesn't have the stamina to be a good starting pitcher. He either gets hammered in the first, or doesn't go deep into games. That's a joke to even compare him to Livan Hernandez this season.

thanks for that. how much research did you put into it? im sure you looked at ERA+, babip,barisp, etc.

looking at ERA and wins is easier though.

we are both wrong on one thing. he has 5 bad starts. but 6 quality starts. raise your hand if you knew he had more quality starts than bad/awful starts.....hmm just me.

but on with the bonser bashing!

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/individual_play...&statType=2

Yeah...i like kubel coming in and jacking bombs. Would be nice to see young start hitting extra base hits. Also, Cuddy had a real nice night at the dish...hopefully that turns into something.

What irks me most about this team is the mental lapses in the field and on the bases.

thanks for that. how much research did you put into it? im sure you looked at ERA+, babip,barisp, etc.

looking at ERA and wins is easier though.

we are both wrong on one thing. he has 5 bad starts. but 6 quality starts. raise your hand if you knew he had more quality starts than bad/awful starts.....hmm just me.

but on with the bonser bashing!

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/individual_play...&statType=2

I personally think saber-metrics are a joke. Stats are stats, if he's not getting the job done, he's not getting the job done.

I don't quite look as deep as CrappiesnCats, but a few key indicators on Bonser...the strikeout to walk ratio is better than 2:1 (it is 40 strikeouts to 17 walks); walks and hits per inning pitched is 1.39...while not great, it is not at all bad. His hits per 9 innings is at just under 10...again, not great, but not awful.

With just a bit of run support, the guy would (should) be 4-4. He is not that bad. And if the Twins were to suggest trading him, they would have a lot of takers.

But at the same time, Perkins has pitched better than I though he would, and has probably earned a longer look in the rotation. Hernandez, Baker, Slowey, Blackburn, and Perkins in the rotation for now...Boof is the odd guy out right now. And if the Twins don't expect to give Boof another shot in the rotation at some point this year, then put him on the trading block because we can get quite a bit for him.

I'm glad none of u own or are the manger of the twins. We'd be in last with K C. Gomez has stats comparable to the Puck and Hunters first seasons. Puck had 31 rbi's 14 steals ob of 320 in 500 plus at bats. Hunter ob was 309 and never had more than 23 steals and batted 255 his 1st season. 18 bunts hits this year now and Gomez has 11. Can't bunt, but sure would be my leadoff hitter. For a team that was suppose to bring up the rear. They seem to be doing better than most.

Sporting News Fantasy HSOforum take on these three guys:

Francisco Liriano - SP June 1, 3:40 a.m.

Francisco Liriano allowed one run in 6 1/3 innings and struck out seven Saturday for Triple-A Rochester.

Fantasy spin: Liriano allowed three hits and walked one in what might have been his best start since being sent down. If he keeps it up, he could return to the majors in the second half of June.

Scott Baker - SP June 1, 3:05 a.m.

Scott Baker (groin) allowed three runs in five innings Saturday in his rehab start for Single-A Fort Myers.

Fantasy spin: Baker struck out four and walked none. The performance was likely decent enough to get him back into the Twins' rotation. Boof Bonser is expected to be sent to the bullpen.

Boof Bonser - SP (rank: 146) May 31, 11:54 p.m.

Boof Bonser allowed five runs -- two earned -- in five-plus innings Saturday in a no-decision versus the Yankees.

Fantasy spin: Bonser didn't get much help tonight. Nick Punto's error opened the door for a three-run third inning. Bonser pitched two more scoreless innings after that, but he was pulled after a walk and a single to begin the sixth. Jesse Crain replaced him and allowed both inherited runners to score before giving up a run of his own. Bonser's time in the rotation is likely winding down with Scott Baker due back soon.