• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rant!

Slyster

Originally Posted By: Moe Szyslak
I guess, there is no written law regarding this, its just common courtesy. Since there is no law, people can and will continue to be rude. crazy.gif

A while back I was watching a bass tourney on TV - a guy who I think would have won it got disqualified for buzzing to close to some other competitors. I don't think it was intentional, just got a little over anxious to get back to weight in since he already had his limit. IF nothing else it was good awareness for people that it is important to respect and take caution when close to other boats.

Some people are very rude and think that not working to catch fish is fun...?? Thats one of my favorite parts of fishing! Exploring new spots and catching fish by myself. The worst is ice fishing when you have tons of space aroung you and people drill holes 2 feet away from you...its hard to believe sometimes o well i guess it has come to be part of the sport...sadly

That's the nice thing about fishing active gamefish (bass, pike, muskies), you don't have to anchor to fish them. It usually doesn't bother someone if you work a weedline in a parade style. Everyone gets their pass at the structure without impeding on another's fishing.

Originally Posted By: slipperybob
I see this happening often enough...worse when I'm the shorefishing guy and someone parks their boat right of front of me...okay, plenty of open water for a watercraft to go anywhere but you have to pick the spot right in front of the shorefishing guy...

slipperybob-

thank you for bringin this up, this is what really irks me!! i have had this happen a couple times. i don't have a boat, thats the reason i am fishin off shore, so please use the rest of the lake to fish!! but some people just don't get it!

Ive never noticed cigg butts in a lake. Guess I dont do much fishin' in the "dirtysouth".

There is usually a trail of jalapeno-salsa sunflower seeds behind my boat, though.

You changed my mind sled… maybe cig butts in a lake is a good thing, next time I'm on the lake I’ll just throw all my trash in the lake… line, pop cans, bags, soft plastics… what’s the big deal right?

Originally Posted By: SledNeck
I can see oil from 2 stroke boat motors about 30 feet out from the boat landing.

Tis true for some older motors.. but my 2004 2 stroke is as clean as any four stroke.. and every year more newer motors replace the older motors... I have never once seen any oil slick or any kind.. nor smoke for that matter. New laws etc.

But laws or not.. people will still toss trash into the lake... its already against the law! Can't control people!

You changed my mind sled… maybe cig butts in a lake is a good thing, next time I'm on the lake I’ll just throw all my trash in the lake… line, pop cans, bags, soft plastics… what’s the big deal right?

That's what I was thinking! I figure I throw all my trash in the water at my favorite spot....the worst that could happen is that I form some new structure on the bottom of the lake. I can just picture conversations in 10 years.... "The bass were really biting off the trash pile's in 6-8 f.o.w." crazy I really wish I had the balls to cast a lure at someone too close to me....the schmucks in the fancy bass boats get too close to me all the time.

Sled.. it's not as bad as you northerners think! I do know (kindof) what both sides of the state offer.. I have spent at least 6 months of my life up in BWCA/Quetico over my lifetime so far.. (if you add up at least 20 one to two week canoe camping trips) and I do LOVE the peace and quiet... I long for it at times. But the metro fishing is really just as good.. a total surprise to me since I just started fishing the metro 5 years ago... and the high activity on the lakes really makes for a more interesting day overall. I do miss the peace of fishing big pike and smallies in Quetico.. haven't gone for a couple years now... but really really wouldn't want THAT much peace and quiet 24/7/365. Mabye because I was born down here I don't know. But I love the mix of large lakes (surprisingly sparse traffic when you consider the local population) and the fun city life too!