• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Crappie Plastics?

bassislife

This is a tough question...

I like using the new Mister Twister 2" Mister Mino. It's a hollow tube-style bait that has some wicked action. Crappies love it right now! Going to be an awesome ice fishing plastic too. The Mister Twister Micro Shad is another go-to of mine. Smaller in profile, but works great on both gills and crappies.

I also like the 2" Berkley Power Minnow and 1" tubes (if you can find any left somewhere). The 2.5" Gulp minnows are a weapon of mine too. The pearl are my favroite.

Also look to the Culprit paddle tail and the Kalin double paddle tail, both work well...

I like those little salty tiny tubes, in white with red flake. But last weekend it seemed to be a green/chart curly tail that did the trick.

Quote:
2" Berkley Power Minnow

I've looked in all the major sporting goods stores for these and haven't seen a single package in the 2 years I've been looking.

Does a person have to order this direct on-line to get them? confused

I have been using powerbait 1" nymphs in pink/white....they are a good bait but get beat up quickly......1" puddle jumpers also have been working well in pink

I had good luck on crappies and sunfish on the 1" silver power nymphs last weekend. Only boated about 10 crappies because they were still in pre-spawn but we did manage around 120 sunfish over 8"s over the 3 day weekend. Always a fun time when they are really aggressive like that!

Ryan

I like the lil hustler tubes they have a huge range of colors and a couple different sizes. Only thing is I never know what tube jig I should use, I normally make do with what I got but it never seems like it's the right size. What size tube jig would you use on a 2" tube and what kind?

Quote:
The 2.5" Gulp minnows are a weapon of mine too. The pearl are my favroite.

I was just about to call you for some Matt, but found these not long ago. I had wondered if the 2.5" vs 2" made any difference though?

I'm headed to Rainy on the other side of the border and was planning to give'em a try.

To those that use 2.5" Gulp minnows.....do you hook them on a 1/32oz jighead or larger? Also, do you mix up the color of the jighead or stay with a white jighead?

Thanks!

Mix it up. Use a bunch of different color jigheads. I have used from 1/32 - 1/8 oz sizes for weights with them. those pearl white are nice. I know that the fish up on rainy like white plastics especially Smallies and white crankbaits.