• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can Am

jbdragon17

The only thing bad that I have heard is the brakes make a lot of noise. Experienced this myself during a safety training course with a new machine.

Aside from that, the Can Am 400 has been known to run with machines in the 500 class.

Not only did you get a great machine, you got 2 of them.

Congrats

I have an 07 purchased about a year ago. I have put just over 200 miles on it so far and have been very happy. It does run close with 500's and starts better than I thought it would in the cold. Overall very happy I went with Can Am.

The Chevy Avalanche of atv's........haha

I rode one, kinda felt funny to me, but it is a very strong engine for a 400. The one I rode was a 2-up. I know a guy who used to win alot of races on a BRP400, racing 500-600cc machines. Light, nimble, and good power.

Get some skids though.

Originally Posted By: Roofer
oops, sorry the avalanche comment was for the older ones. Not sure what the '07 looks like.

The 03s had the plastic racks not sure what an 04 has but Im pretty sure the 05s and newer are steel. My old man has an 03 400 outty. There was a voltage regulator issue on them but I think that was just the 03s. I havnt really ridden it much but he sure likes it! It will run with most any other brands 500.

I have an 05 outlander 400 and a 400 Sportsman and you can tell the difference in power between the two. The Outlander is more fun to ride in my opinion because it is much easier to handle with it being lighter. We did have to have the voltage regulator replaced but so far that has been all. I was thinking about trading the Polaris off on a new 500 Outlander but with the price they want for one of those I think the Polaris does just fine.

Originally Posted By: glenn57
i have 5 miles on my new 500 max xt can am and alreadt love it. much more comfy ride than my yamaha.

That's great. Don't let anyone tell you any different, especially the ones who don't have one. \:\)

I'm a bit curious. Why would you ask whether you bought a good machine after you bought it? Seems more like a question to ask before you buy it.

Bob

Originally Posted By: Dozer
 Originally Posted By: jltimm
Dont forget about the Outlander "hump"!
Outlander "hump"???

I think jltimm might be referring to the CanAm shuffle.. CanAm's often require the operator to jostle the machine forward and back to get it into gear. To spectators, this could be construed as the operator humping the machine...

LB

I bought an '07 500 XT last April and love it for the most part - nimble, powerful (65mph ez), comfortable, great susupension! The brakes do make alot of noise when they're wet and you do have to rock it occasionally to get it into gear. Not sure where I stand on the 4WD - it can get kinda hairy when climbing up steep banks, I've had it flip over and pin me in a river once. I'm used to it now and know what to expect but I'm not convinced that it's the best system out there for technical riding. Although, I am thinking of buying a Can Am 400 for the girlfriend this year.

Yes the "Outy Hump" is what I've heard it called. You guys are correct, it is when it doesn't want to shift into gear you give it a little body rocking and it will then shift into gear.

I have a 05 400 max and love it. Use it more as a tractor than just riding it and it has performed excellently. Never been able to stick it and my kids have tried, boy have they tried, It's big at 8 foot long but this gives it a nice smooth ride. the only mechanical is the sticky shifting on the machine but you get used to it. Frankly, I think all the machines out there are really good anymore and you can't really go wrong with any of the major brands. Have fun.

Originally Posted By: jbdragon17
Just purchased 2 07 Outlander 400XT's

Anyone else have them? Good/Bad?

I have an 07 outlander xt, it's a 800 though.

I like it a lot..

Pros are- fast, powerful,astetically pleasing, warranty

Cons, pricy, noisy brakes,07 had bad camo plastic 08 better, aftermarket parts harder to find then for say polaris and such, but getting better

So--------

In a nut shell, more money, but worth the POWER,,,