• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lets see the Rigs for 2008!!

bassNspear

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice rig - I got SO CLOSE to purchasing a Navigator until I found my used Pro Tourny.

Do you like the bunk trailer?

Again, very nice rig.

Thanks! It's a 2003, bought it in '06 off hsolist for $7000.00

The boat has a great ride and even handles fairly rough water well. I sometimes wish it were a 17 footer because these things shrink when you get them on the water.

Had to drive to Arkansas to get it, but it wasn't a bad drive and was nice to see a part of the country I haven't seen before.

Regarding the bunk trailer, it took some getting used to. I do like it, however I'm thinking of spraying the bunks with silicone to make it easier for launching when I'm fishing alone.

- Wish

Thanks! It's a 2003, bought it in '06 off hsolist for $7000.00

Regarding the bunk trailer, it took some getting used to. I do like it, however I'm thinking of spraying the bunks with silicone to make it easier for launching when I'm fishing alone.

- Wish

When I had a bunk trailer, I bought EZ Slide Pads. I think you can get them at Cabela's. They are a hard plastic that helps bunk trailers slide easier. In fact, with my little 14 footer at the time, I could push it off with those pads. I think that would help you tremendously.

It's an easy install, just screw them on the bunk. You may want to check it out...

I wouldn't recommend them on a glass boat unless you are having some shallow launch issues. I've seen them do some hull dammage, rub marks (on white), and warpage on some older fiberglass hulls. With aluminum, I don't think it would make a difference.

Mark,

I wouldn't recommend the ez pads on the bunk trailer. You really don't need them. Also, I previously forgot to mention to you that when you are loading your boat you should back in the trailer and get the bunks completely wet before you load the boat. If the bunks are dry they don't allow the boat to slide up as easily. I back the trailer in and completely submerge the bunks then I pull forward a little bit to where the trailer needs to be to load the boat.

Thanks for that info. I'll save my money and forget about the ez pads and spend it on other items for the boat.

Good tip as far as getting the bunks wet before loading the boat up.

Hey Mark, the new Yarcraft looks gorgeous!! How does the 135 work for you? Should be nice power.

I think we have the same trailers--here is what works for me. I back the trailer in until the fender tops are just out of water. Too far and the boat will wander over the fender and not stay aligned in the bunks. I have to grunt the boat the last few inches with the winch--it's heavy. Spraying a little silicone on the bunks when dry helps a bit.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

p.s. The shoulder is holding up--may stay in a tiller another year!!

Here's mine. Bought it used in July 2006, but finally got the goodies on it this year. It only had 15 hours use when I bought it.

157084627_o.jpg

What year is that? It looks just like my 2002. I got it two years ago this fall and it's an awesome rig.

Steve,

Thanks.!!!! It's been a long time to get it in the water. The Optimax 135 seems fine. Hopefully I'll get it back up there Sat.

I'll try that as far as loading/unloading. It will take some getting use to, especially after the nice Shoreland'r roller I had before.

I still need to purchase a few more things for the boat.

So glad to hear the Shoulder is holding up well!!!!

You have mail from a few days ago. Take care!!!

If your bunk trailer is anything like mine doing just as srj said will work great and you will love that trailer. I thought I would hate the bunk's always having rollers previously. But always being able to load the boat straight even in a cross wind is awesome. We have alot of shallow landings around here and I haven't had any problems unloading yet.

If your bunk trailer is anything like mine doing just as srj said will work great and you will love that trailer. I thought I would hate the bunk's always having rollers previously. But always being able to load the boat straight even in a cross wind is awesome. We have alot of shallow landings around here and I haven't had any problems unloading yet.

I second that the bunk trailers are the way to go you'll never miss the roller.

I know of only one guy that uses the hard glide strips on a bunk trailer for a glass boat ---- and as far as I'm concerned most of the things that guy does are just plain weird (he doesn't visit FM either).

I don't think they're needed and I agree that they probably aren't the best thing for the bottom of a glass boat.

Bunk trailers are great, and as with any trailer the key is finding the right depth. I "launch" my boat off my trailer by backing in at a steady pace until the fenders are under water, then tap the brakes and away it goes. Loading my boat is a little touchier. I usually back in until the bunks get wet then pull forward. I've finally figured out that the key for my boat is the center bunks, I need to have about 12" of them out of the water to load easiest --- doesn't matter how deep the side bunks and fenders are.