• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 NHL Playoffs! Round 1: Avalanche vs. Wild

mr_jman

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaborik has been horrible all series. To me he has been the difference in most of the series. You can't win a cup if you have to relay on Koivu to score goals.

A hot goalie is what can take a decent team to the cup. Sad part is that if they win the series Theodore will come back to reality in the second series.

Man is it fun to watch Simon, Fedoruk and Boogaard. Just the thought of those guys on the ice makes the other team shake. I just wish someone would drop the gloves with one of them. Game 4 they should have come out swinging in the third period, take Mccloud and LaPerrier and make a statement. Instead they just wrestled a little bit and cryed because no one would fight them. It was great to see Boogaard punch Laperrier in the face with his glove on.

I hope they keep those guys for next year.

If Gaborik steps up, the wild win the series.

It has been really frustrating watching your star player in Gaborik not having any assists or goals. It's going to be tough to win Saturday night, I hope they win but I highly doubt it if Gaborik can't get his game going.

I think Gaborik should use his speed more and try to go around rather then trying to deke out 2-3 av's with the puck, drive the net. I still don't like Skoula or Hill, the kid defenseman Reick or whatever looks better then those 2. They can't clear the puck which lead to at least 1 if not 2 of the goals last night

very frustrating, especially the way Colorado's defense and goalie are playing, much then I ever thought they would...on that note, Gaborik does need to find a way to get the puck in the net, but what really surprises me is how well they are covering him, but yet no one else is open for the opportunities?

Originally Posted By: BigWadeS
very frustrating, especially the way Colorado's defense and goalie are playing, much then I ever thought they would...on that note, Gaborik does need to find a way to get the puck in the net, but what really surprises me is how well they are covering him, but yet no one else is open for the opportunities?

Very well stated!!

T0 thats probably a typo but were down 3-2 in the series. Wild came back from down 3-1 before twice in the same year so they still have a chance and I am not giving up all hope. So frusterating to be losing this series right now.

I don't think you can win a series without gaborik scoring a POINT!

I don't think you can win a series when you score only 1 1st and 2nd period goal.

Wild need to beat them 4-0 or 4-1 in there building to do to them what they did to us and take this momentum back. How fired up will that X be for a game 7???

Just a thought but I'm guessing he ment the score was 3 to 1. Gabby has to break out. He is due. The Wild played awesome but when the goalie is hot all you can do is keep pounding the net. My thoughts for the next game is the Wild will keep pounding and Gabby will light it up. Back to the Metro for game seven.

So if we win game six ESPN has game 7 listed on Monday at 1:00 in the afternoon why would they do this when everyone will be working during the day on a Monday. Seems real dumb to me all these 9 oclock games on weekday now a afternoon game??? Does anyone know if this is right?

Originally Posted By: Roofer
Ya, good points mentioned.

I won't whine too much. I said it at the beginning of the year that they are 'a tad above average' at best. It's still a good run. Look at the names on the Colorado team.

Not putting down our home town team, but they need more talent if they want to win the cup. Scoring has always been their downfall.

Go PENS!!! ;\)

And you were obviously wrong on that!..98 points and a division title confirms this.... nice try though!

With a couple bounces or breaks like not running into a hot goal tender with a .933 save percentage we could easily contend and may still win the cup this season. grin.gif

Maybe if Gabby was playing the best in his career.........Otherwise, nope, no way.

We have always had a top notch goalie, but no offensive threat. They need a player to build a dynasty around. If they can't, they need to go to the bottom of the league and hope to get a great number 1 selection in the draft. Then they can rebuild.

This is just the West, look at the teams in the East and the big name players. The Wild are good, but not contenders in my book.

Detroit-----huge offensive threat with a great goalie and Datzyuk...enough said

Pens-------two great offensive phenoms, great young goalie---future dynasty team

I have center ice on Directv, I see quite a few of the games. \:\)

Momentum? Maybe when they lose tonight they can get their momentum back for the 09 playoffs. Ave's in six just like the hockey handicappers predicted.

It don't matter what Theodores save % was during the regular season. He has got the wild by the balls. He may only been 21st in regular but in this series he is #1. Maybe if the Wild shot from closer than the BlueLine they might have a better chance.

CW