• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snow!...Arrrgh! (pics)

Double ARRRRRGH! cry.gif....Just got in a few minutes ago from shoveling(4:30 am) ....to my garage first!....had to force my back door open about 20" to get my belly outside....that wasn't easy grin.gif....that was drifted to about 20"(filled in from last night)...then got into the garage and opened the big door....Jeezaws!...another 20"-30" drift! got that shoveled but not sure what I'm going to do after I get to the street!they haven't plowed yet!...alleys have drifts....more snow then we recieved all winter in just 2 days!.....not sure how much snow we actually recieved but it's got to be in the 20" plus range!..

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: jonny_redhorse
Double ARRRRRGH! cry.gif....Just got in a few minutes ago from shoveling(4:30 am) ....to my garage first!....had to force my back door open about 20" to get my belly outside....that wasn't easy grin.gif....that was drifted to about 20"(filled in from last night)...then got into the garage and opened the big door....Jeezaws!...another 20"-30" drift! got that shoveled but not sure what I'm going to do after I get to the street!they haven't plowed yet!...alleys have drifts....more snow then we recieved all winter in just 2 days!.....not sure how much snow we actually recieved but it's got to be in the 20" plus range!..

Last time I measured was at 10pm last night and it was around 25-26" and still snowing. I am 18 miles NE of Grand Rapids. I think I will stay in the house till June.

I have taken the snoblower to the driveway twice and shoveled it 3 times and it is still snowing. We have 4' drift hanging off the roof over the deck.

I sometimes wonder about those of us that tough out this kinda weather to live up here.

I am looking at the radar and where it was moving west to east...it now moving east to west back on top of us. \:o

Finally made it out the door to take some Pics. As you can see it is still overcast and snowing very litely.

That big white lump is my Ford Escape

20080406_0076_1.jpg

This is the ramp and deck

deck.jpg

This is the hubby's truck stuck at the end of the driveway

truck.jpg

Barb

OMG Barb, that's alot of snow!! I think we better get up to the cabin and make sure everything's ok up there. This week's forecast isn't so sunny or warm either. Mother Nature sure has you in a neck hold this year! eek.gif It's still misting here also.

We have a lot of slushy ice DSCN0172.jpg

And all the trees are heavy and droopy

DSCN0171.jpg

Originally Posted By: Blaze
Honestly, putting up with late season snowfalls is a small price to pay to live in God's Country. I think it adds to the essence of being in a less populated, more "back to nature" region of the state. You guys get to enjoy the outdoors more, IMO, than most of us in the southern part of the state because it's right at your fingertips.

Easy for me to say - I found some tulips popping up in our flowerbed today!

I can go grouse hunting by just driving a few little

miles down the road and have all the forests i want

Took a few yesterday after getting done with plowing.

AF2.jpg

AF3.jpg

The wife suggested that maybe we should take advantage of the snow and go snowmobiling. Problem is, you gotta find the machines first! That's them sitting next to the garage!

AF1.jpg

Middle of the yard. Got 8 more inches after this photo was taken.

AF4.jpg

Here's one my wife took while I was working to unbury the 4Runner. I like snow as much as the next northerner, but I was REALLY looking forward to taking some nice spring pictures in the next couple of weeks. \:\(

steveshovels.jpg

Holy cow everyone! We got nothing but rain in Duluth/Two Harbors/Brule..........(that's where I was for the weekend anyway).....that should at least help bring the water levels up and take a bite out of the drought right? Positive thoughts everyone grin.gif

Jeezaws!...come back from work an hour ago and the city of Hibbing still hasn't plowed my alley!...WOT! cry.gif....I even had to shovel the alley to get back into my garage!.....listening to the scanner and half of Hibbing's equipment is broke....lol!....2 graders snapped the wing plows....mo board fell off .....etc etc ....I think the city of Hibbing needs newer equipment....wot!...raise my taxes! cry.gif....here's my garage with a ton of snow on the roof!...good thing I built a 60 lb. snow load(per square foot) into the roof... grin.gif glad this freakin storm has passed! tired.gif

Frame_P1010455copy.jpg

Frame_P1010458copy.jpg

Frame_P1010461.JPG

tired of anything "white".....and more may be coming this weekend......."triple Arrrrgh!"......I need a "fix" of something green so here's a image to boost my morale grin.gif....

side note: last year on April 14th,I was fishing redhorse suckers on the St.Louis river at the Forbes dam....don't think that will be happening this year! grin.gif

Frame_P1010401-4.JPG

Smoked sucker is great! My mom also used to can it with tomato sauce and some spices and called it "mock salmon". Having grown up in the backwoods and not knowing any difference, it tasted like salmon! Kind of like Pat McManus in "The Miracle of the Fish Plate".

That second shot really shows how deep it was.

We are getting another round tonight here in

the west. Sunday we had about 20" and we are

supposed to get 12" to 18" again tonight and tomorrow.

Never saw a April like this in my life.

Red

catfish... I would gladly shovel 24 inches of snow to live in Ely! I know that doesn't help when you are buried, but... watching idiots sitting in their cars in the ditch along the freeway gets tiresome too. Unless of course one just passed you and you get a chance to wave at them as you drive by... that can be fun!