• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One last ride..........

Nate McVey

If anyone is REALLY itching for one last ride of the year, the Western U.P. of Michigan's trails (Ironwood, Bessemer, Wakefield, Bergland, etc.) have been extended for another week. They typically quit grooming April 1st, but with the winter they had, they have decided to leave the groomers out for another week.

I love the snow, and ride plenty, but I am just upset with this weather we are having. why coudn't we get all this snow in feb. I am waiting to get the new boat in the water, and put the dock in.

Ya everyone has been spoiled the past 5-7 years with early spring weather and warm temps, but this is how i remember winters to be as a kid growing up snow into april and then snow on opening of fishing Maybe we wil getlucky all of us snowmobilers and start getting longer winters, enjoy the summer and then think SNOW.

Outside the seven-county metro area, you may ride:

• on your own land

• on agricultural land that you have been given permission from the landowner to ride on

• on land, other than agricultural land, that you have not been told verbally, by written warning, or by posted signs, that riding is prohibited

• on the groomed area of a snowmobile trail

Outside the seven-county metro area,

you may NOT ride:

• on land that you have been told not to

orally, in writing, or by posted signs

• on agricultural land without the permission of the owner

The MN snowmobiling regulations say nothing about no atv use on public land trails after 4/1 anywhere.

The MN snowmobiling regulations say nothing about no atv use on public land trails after 4/1 anywhere

they won't post them there. every spring the DNR closes all trails, or most trails untill the frost comes out completely. they call them the spring trail closures. you need to go to there HSOforum to find out whats open or closed.

knoppers is correct.

To find out which trails are open for ATVs, you'll need to go to http://www.findthetrails.com which is the DNR site for off-road trails. On there, you can find which trails are open and which are closed.

The majority are closed now due to the wet spring conditions until mid May, possibly later.