• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WCHA Final Five

Wallyeyes

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: yakfisher
At least Adam still sucks both ways. I have no prognostications for tomorrows game (for Da U grads that means predictions.) I wouldn't say that an errant pass off the defenseman, off the back of the goalie and in to the net was taking it to the Tigers, but then again I don't look at the world through maroon colored glasses.

Did you watch the game or you just taking your pain from your team's poor showing out on this forum? The Gophers may have gotten a fortunate bounce on the winning goal but they absolutely outskated, outhit, outhustled and outplayed CC from the middle of the 3rd through overtime. The Gophs have had every reason in the world to pack it in and call it a season for about the last month and they are winning on pure effort right now. That is not something I ever dreamed I would say about the Gophers.

Agreed fishy. Nice win for the Gophs. They are tourney bound 4 sure now. Kangas is on fire and they are playing great defense and turning up the heat on offense. Power play still stinks but they keep the puck in the zone and move it around well.

We aren't going to have to call the whhaaa-mbulance are we yak? grin.gif

Back to back Broadmoor?

Nice win for the Chokes, great play by Kangas (since mid Jan), the defense is playing well, which is good because the offense still s**ks. As far as out playing CC apparently you were watching the game on tv and listening to the homer announcers. The gophers haven't "outplayed" anyone since they were up in Anchorage. I'm not sure if you follow sports, but OT wins are not a sign of dominance.

I may have been wrong last night, but tonight I'm gonna drop the slim and go with none. The Chokers have no chance tonight. Which kinda sucks for the Sioux, but first things first we have a tough game today and we are not assured a win. Should be a great game to watch. Time to head to the X. Go SIOUX!!!

I hope everyone realizes we are in the presence of the greatest hockey mind ever...have you ever thought of going into coaching as a profession? President of the "Gomer Club" or just a high ranking member?? I can't stop laughing!!!!

It will be an uphill battle playing Denver. But, who thought that they would be where they are right now? I have faith but they do have some issues with their offense and their powerplay stinks.

if I remember correctly, I believe they are 0 for 16 in their last attempts.

Kangas will need to be beyond good tonight for the Gophers to win. Yet, he has been hot as of late and we all know that a hot goalie can take a team a long ways.

he will, he has been playing awesome. And it helps when the other guys are helping him infront of the goal, crashing the net and blocking stuff as well. There playing great, and I have a feeling there going to play well tonight as well.

Nice win for the Chokes, great play by Kangas (since mid Jan), the defense is playing well, which is good because the offense still s**ks. As far as out playing CC apparently you were watching the game on tv and listening to the homer announcers. The gophers haven't "outplayed" anyone since they were up in Anchorage. I'm not sure if you follow sports, but OT wins are not a sign of dominance.

Usually you can see who is taking it to someone by seeing what end they are playing in Mr 3rd place gamer. Or were you just crying in your beer Mr. Slim and None.

By the way the home town announcers call a fair game, they call it like it is pretty well there green goggles guy.

You are absolutely right about the offense. They still don't finish well, which is the exact reason why those games go to OT, but that does not mean they can't dominate the play on the ice. Which of us is looking through colored glasses? Maybe you?

Gophers stompped the Tigers!! Kangas is on fire. The sioux fans gotta be embarassed. Especially this guy...what a MORON!!! LOL

I may have been wrong last night, but tonight I'm gonna drop the slim and go with none. The Chokers have no chance tonight. Which kinda sucks for the Sioux, but first things first we have a tough game today and we are not assured a win. Should be a great game to watch. Time to head to the X. Go SIOUX!!!

Stomped em eh? They beat them in OT on a deflection. They won a nice game against a great team, but you're going a little overboard.

Thank the lord you have Kangas in net.

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
It will be an uphill battle playing Denver. But, who thought that they would be where they are right now? I have faith but they do have some issues with their offense and their powerplay stinks.

if I remember correctly, I believe they are 0 for 16 in their last attempts.

Kangas will need to be beyond good tonight for the Gophers to win. Yet, he has been hot as of late and we all know that a hot goalie can take a team a long ways.

Thank god an intelligent gopher fan. Your right a hot goalie can take you a long way. That's what got the '97 Sioux to the title game.

Getting the dirty goals that they have been getting is good, but you can't count on luck for an offense. One good goal a night will not win the final five, let alone a national title.

The sun must be shining on the dog's rear end, because here come all the fair weather gopher fans. Four Serendipitous wins at the buzzer or in OT does not mean they have a great team. They are finding a way to get it done, and that's good. But they had a lot more to play for, remember just three days ago they were on the wrong side of the bubble after Clarkson's win.

But I suppose all of you would rather be lucky than good.

Hard to argue with the gophers success lately, may not be pretty but getting wins is all that matters. As a SCSU Huskie fan at the game thursday, I would have taken any kind of odd lucky bounce, hop, deflection etc; thats just the way hockey is sometimes but it usually seems that the teams playing the best get the breaks also. Now I just have to remember the good old days when Frazee was in the nets and we had the 7 game unbeaten streak. It also helps that the gophers basically have home ice every year for the final five which is a Huge advantage to say the least.

Good luck gophers in the tile game tonight

Not only on the power play but 5 on 5, I don't like the Gophers shot selection at all. It makes me wonder if it's coaching or the individual player or players wanting to make highlights on the 10:00 pm news.

What is funny is the Sioux fan is worried about our Gophs grinding out wins. The Sioux have talent but I don't ever remember them winning by worrying about being pretty but by playing hard nosed, grind it out hockey while our Gophers used to try to outscore everyone. Now we play a tougher style and that is the wrong style and pure luck. Coaches don't teach players to drive to the net and get in front of the goalie to create pretty plays but to create chance, lucky rebounds and bounces and to keep the goalie from doing his job. Maybe my coaches didn't know what they were doing (although they did lead a team to state title) but I don't ever remember them asking anyone to look pretty in the offensive zone.

No crying here. Sioux played poorly and got beat. Prove my conspiracy theory wrong. Tell me the WCHA doesn't gain by filling seats at the Excel. Tell me the WCHA doesn't gain by having more teams in the NCAA tourney. Show me archives that proves my memory wrong that the rodents keep getting this officiating crew in crucial games. Good luck gophs. Keep that trophy out of CO.

All-around, the WCHA has the most consistent talent in the country. As for officiating and "rigging", there certainly wasn't any of that this weekend. Plenty of terrible and/or suspect calls on both sides of the coin...

Hey Bryce, you must not be very old. Old man Shep was the worst ref when it came to reffing Gopher games. He was so worried about be a homer he would make extra call on the Gophers so he wouldn't be called a homer. Go back in the archives!! How was the reffing tonight????????? How many missed calls tonight??