• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gophers vs Mavericks

bassNspear

Well im sure there is more of us that watched this game tonight. It was an awesome hockey game to watch. Mavs pull it out in double OT. Wish the U would have pulled it out, but i have a feeling there going to come back hungry after the celebration pill was on top of there goalie.

Like I said in the other topic ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole. I think your right the gophers will come back hungry like they always do, but I think the mavs will pull it off again.

o ya GO MAVS!!

I caught the game from overtime on. He was letting it go for both teams. To many men was the right call, 6 guys on the ice with one scrambling to get back on the bench, don't matter where the puck is, its a penalty.

The call wasn't horrible as the player was a long way from the bench when the other player stepped on the ice. What was wrong about it was they had already established that they were going to swallow the whistle for the OT's and since this was away from the play it should have also been let go. Other than that I think the only other bad call last night was the cross check on the 3rd penalty on MSU (I think).

wait until you see the calls the Gophers get tonight. 5 power plays for the gophers last night to the mavs 2 was closer than I thought it would be. 4 Power plays the first 15 minutes of the game, c'mon. After all the penalties the refs let go both ways for the 3rd period and overtime, the too many men call was weak. Was it a penalty, yes, but how can you call that when you are letting others thing much worse go. I still remember a few years back when the Gophers were on the road at Duluth in the first round when they got 9 Power plays to UMDs 3 the first night and it was 9 for the gophs and 2 for umd the 2nd night. Face it, would the WCHA rather see the Gophers or Mankato at the X for the final 5. However, with my rant aside, the was some awesoem goaltending by both goalies last night.

What an awesome game. It looked to me like the assistant ref may have called that penalty. It looked to me like Shepard really didn't want to call it but he had to back up the other official. The gophs sure had the chances but once again a turnover led to a loss. At least they lost on a good goal. Can't wait for tonight! MINNESOTA!

The too many on the ice call is an automatic call every time.

I thought the MSU coach said it best "We were just a little to jacked up with emotion to start the game we can't take that many stupid penalty's early against the Gophers and expect to win this series"

What a great game and HUGE win for the Mavericks and their fans......CONGRATS!

It sucks it went the gophers way last night and It is going to be a good game tonight and hopfully the mavs pull it off. It is cool that Michgan Tech won and it would be so funny if they won again to night.

Go Gophs.

I had to laugh last night. My buddy and I are watching the game and after Carman's goal lights the lamp, you see this college age Minnesota fan turn around and berate some MSU fan. I can only imagine what he said. lol.

Thought I'd see one of these. Hope he is OK. Thank you for the report live from the game as those of us at home weren't really able to get a clean shot of the hit. Maybe I need to get a new tv with that maroon and gold filter.grin.gif Again, I hope he is OK and assume the hit was not legal since a penalty was called but don't even try and tell us you could see it on tv.