• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Biggest Pike.....

cjac

Lots of good fish and good stories, but RK that was quite the day! Would have been awesome with fly rods too. I couldn't stop laughing reading about the broken rods and guy peeing his waders! Wish I had some day the fishing was so good I would pee my pants to keep fishing!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that same husky caught (this is in 5 days) a, if i rememmber correct, 41'' musky, mabe 44 i can't rememmber i stopped pics unless it's 46'' and fat, that 40'' pike, 6 true piggy walleye 28'' and up to 31'' and about, i don't know mabe, 50 other walleye 27'' down to mabe 14''. it was all about the pause, and the amount of current. so yeah it's one of the best baits going especially in the fall. this one looks like it went through a war. no shine left whatso ever. changed the hooks and just waiting for this year to start. swim whizz/believers are deffinatly awsome baits. quick change depths is a great option. ever just straight tie? if not try it. you wont be sorry. grin.gif

My biggest would be a 7 1/2 pounder out of Coon Lake in East Bethel... We hit that lake about 11am... fished all day... I caught the first fish of the day, a nice male Largemouth Bass... probably was guarding the nest... then nothing at all for the rest of the day... My brother and his brother-in-law was catching Pike left and right of me... I was cursed that day... I even "stole" my brother's rod once and 10 min later he caught a pike on my rod... made me so mad that day... I switched back... 10 min later other pike for him... He grinned at me... I told him I was gonna make him sorry... He said he was waiting for that... 15 min later... bam... it hit like a freight train... We headed home right after...

Longest were 50", one at 30# (2000) and one at 27# (1998). Both from Lac La Marte in the NWT. The 30 came off a white/orange blade Inhaler rattle tail. Largest in the states was a 20.5# from North Dakota on a Husky [jerk-bait].

pike.jpgpike2.jpg

Gissert -

Dandy fish man.

Do me a favor, and send it in to Esox Angler for our Reader's Photos... We'll put it in our ice fishing issue. (you'll be famouser 'n stuff \:\) )

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

Gissert,

That is an awesome fish man. I should have set up a tip up just under the ice out there a week ago when I was on LOTW. We were just having too much fun poppin the eyes and saugs though. A couple days before we went up, someone iced a 42" pike in the house we were renting.

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
I will need to make another run to Upper Red and hopefully land the BIG one I lost last summer.

Harvey Lee, if it makes any difference that was one of the biggest pike tails I have seen in awhile. Had it at boatside only to be fouled by your own fishing buddy. I'm guessing that was a long ride home. blush.gif