• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Women vs Men

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds like so much fun. You must have a great relationship with your wife. My husband and I are nothing alike. He's a city boy from South FL and then theres me. Small town girl moved to big city (hated it) moved back to a small town. He's starting to get more interested in the things I like.

WOW - I leave for a few hrs to get some work done and I come back crainess !!!!! I love blush.gif

OK - sounds like this thing wants to happen !!!! So we will all need to chat about details. But for now put on your calenders, Dec. 20th if the ice is good, other wise Jan10th.

On a normal year the ice sould be good for wheeler and snowmobile traffic by the 20th. But if its not we move it back to Jan 10th.

As for a name - HHHmmmmmm

not sure yet, but keep the ideas coming. I kinda like that tag team one Lisa or someone came up with back on page 6.

I could have never moved to Florida.

Did you move with your parents, or with your husband?

I love MN and plan on never leaving (at least not for more than a few weeks at a time).

Well, I have relatives in Alaska...and that is beautiful country up there....

Oh oh, off topic....

To make it fair, should we make the guys fish without hooks? LOL

Sorry DeeDee I have to stay a Minnesotan too. I would miss icefishing wayyyy to much!

Hammer Handle!! You better put your skill where you mouth is!! No hooks-you're killin' me!! \:D

glenn-I'm not so sure about spearing. It's not very fair.

Tag Team Madness

A Proposal to consider, I would like feedback on these thoughts and then Lisa and I will make the final decisions.

1. Change the date to Jan 10th. My thinking on this is both, ice conditions and the holidays. I would want enough safe ice for a lot of people and snowmobile and wheeler traffic. And the holidays getting so crazy.

2. It will be a tag team contest. 8 people to a team, BUT ONLY 4 can be in the fish zone. The “fish zone” will be a roped of area about 150 ft x 150 ft. (roughly the size of half a football field) with something like 50 to 70 holes cut.

3. Winner will be determined by TOTAL length of ALL fish caught.

4. We will need two “official counters”, and also one member of each team can tag along the “official counters” for accuracy.

5. I propose "Tag team Madness" be the offical name

I have a few other ideas, but will wait on replies from this first.

Tami

“reelemin”

Originally Posted By: reelemin
You afraid already HH ? \:D

Wow look what i started!!! \:D\:D\:D I leave for the day and you ladies already have us filleted and skinned and the contest is along way off. Thats great ladies awesome \:D

It will be a equal level fishing field, no handicaps on either side. No shacks in the "fish zone" but you can have what ever you want outside the "zone".

No entry fee, all FM gatherings are free and for fun, that being said, side bets will be aloud. \:o

Well be tweaky the rules as issues and ideas come up.

While I think that the sentiment by charging a fee for charity is wonderful, FM Get Togethers are free to everyone. And everyone is welcome. Of course we'll bring the grill and some cookies (hopefully this time with more Macadamia nuts in them-Sorry! blush.gif). I think that everyone should try to attend a Fishing Minnesota get together. They are a lot of fun!

SlamNFish, you'd bring some flowers like Bobby Riggs too, right? I know where my money would be bet. I've fished with the mods in this forum and I'll let the first sentence reference clue you in grin.gif

Originally Posted By: da_chise31
SlamNFish, you'd bring some flowers like Bobby Riggs too, right? I know where my money would be bet. I've fished with the mods in this forum and I'll let the first sentence reference clue you in grin.gif

WOW i would have to be pretty old to remember bobby riggs \:D

I agree man theres some great women fishermen and one of them was my wife.