• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Women vs Men

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what????? Cheif this IS all in fun. Instead of taking over Lisa and Tami's post I thought it would be FUN to start a friendly game of men vs women. We ask you a hypothetical question and you respond and vice versa. Its like a game of trivial persuit. I did not say I was insulted by any of this, that statement was to ANYONE male or female that took it to seriously and its not just you and I, I thought it would be fun for everyone. Havent you ever gone bowling or played spades, men against women? As for meeting you, SURE I'll be up there end of June at the KOA come on over I will buy you a beer grin.gif

Originally Posted By: glenn57
hey i know who cooks my supper and backs my clothes to go fshin and huntin!!!! besides she goes with on most fishin excusions. as for the votin part i do like hillary.

Hey glenn you would vote for the women Huh? Traitor \:D LOL

J/K

im a strong union guy. as a matter of fact i work in yhe union office an i think she wuold do use the best. my opinion only. i shouldnt even bring up my politacal points of view, somehow it always gets me in hot water.

Different strokes for different folks.

I was wondering do you ever fish sand or dora lakes?

I know you mentioned you live near my buddies brothers neck of the woods? You may even know him but i wont mention names on here.

Do you really like Hillary? How come? if you dont mind me asking? I know several people that are going to vote for Obama when asked why they all have the same answer. "Because he is my color" But when asked if they know anything about him they say "no" In my 'opinion' thats not a good enough reason. I would love to see a woman in office but I'm not sure Hillary is the one. She already has plans to spend alot of money on a museum for Woodstock (would have loved to been there)but I think its a waste. my opinion

I agree DeeDee. I think there's better things to spend our nations money on.

This years candidates have me a little concerned about the fate of our country over the next 4 years.

Let's not forget Mr. McCains attempt to spend 10 million over 5 years for the William H. Rehnquist Center at the University of Arizona Law School. A little pork in everyones diet? blush.gif

Originally Posted By: DeeDee
Do you really like Hillary? How come? if you dont mind me asking? I know several people that are going to vote for Obama when asked why they all have the same answer. "Because he is my color" But when asked if they know anything about him they say "no" In my 'opinion' thats not a good enough reason. I would love to see a woman in office but I'm not sure Hillary is the one. She already has plans to spend alot of money on a museum for Woodstock (would have loved to been there)but I think its a waste. my opinion

Have you deep sea fished?

I am definitly in the Hillary camp. Remeber to look at everything and do your own checks and balances. Don't just go by what the media wants to dwell on.

Here is a quick summary of Hillarys resume, this will give you a sence of where her values and priciples are at. I don't want this to get into a poilitical battle, but and educated discussion is always welcomed.

My advise to anyone who askes is " find out where there values, morals and principles lie. What have they done in the past and WHY. AND check out all sides of the issue NOT just the medias version.

National Law Journal" surveys listing Mrs. Clinton among the most influential lawyers in 1988 and 1991.

Valedictorian at the 1969 graduation, Wellesley, a prestigious women’s college Rodham was the first student to deliver the commencement address. Graduating with a degree in political science, her speech won Rodham a standing ovation and a feature article in Life magazine.

After graduating from Yale in 1973, Rodham began a year of post-graduate study on children and medicine at the Yale Child Study Center, after having written her widely acknowledged thesis on children’s rights. She also became a staff attorney for the Children’s Defense Fund and was recruited to serve on the presidential impeachment inquiry staff for the House of Representative’s Judiciary Committee, investigating the Watergate Scandal.

Rodham co-founded the Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families, a state-level alliance with the Children's Defense Fund, in 1977. For much of that time[81] she served as the chair of that board, the first woman to do so.[82] During her time as chair, funding for the Corporation was expanded from $90 million to $300 million,[70] and she successfully battled against President Ronald Reagan's initial attempts to reduce the funding and change the nature of the organization.

She was also named Arkansas Woman of the Year in 1983 and Arkansas Mother of the Year in 1984.

Not since Eleanor Roosevelt had a first lady so actively participated in public policy.

Hillary Clinton traveled to 79 countries during this time,[146] breaking the mark for most-travelled First Lady held by Pat Nixon.[147] In a September 1995 speech before the Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing, Clinton argued very forcefully against practices that abused women around the world and in China itself,[148] declaring "that it is no longer acceptable to discuss women's rights as separate from human rights"[148] and resisting Chinese pressure to soften her remarks.[146] She was one of the most prominent international figures at the time to speak out against the treatment of Afghan women by the Islamist fundamentalist Taliban that had seized control of Afghanistan.[149][150] She helped create Vital Voices, an international initiative sponsored by the United States to promote the participation of women in the political processes of their countries.

Rodham Clinton has received many prestigious awards, including the Secretary of Defense Medal for Outstanding Public Service, the President’s Award of the League of United Latin American Citizens, Role Model of the Year, by the United Steel Workers of America; the Martin Luther King Jr. Award from the Progressive National Baptist Convention, and the National Association of Elementary School Principals Distinguished Service Award.

Considered to be a proponent of American liberalism, with its origins found in Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Deal policies. According to a New York Times article entitled “The Evolution of Hillary Clinton,” she has been successful in finding the middle ground between voters of various views on such issues as abortion rights, where her work has focused on reducing the number of abortions through the prevention of unwanted pregnancies rather than restricting abortions.

Since becoming a senator, Rodham Clinton has worked to strengthen New York’s economy and homeland security, while supporting a return to fiscal responsibility. She worked to bring economic relief to victims of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. The senator introduced legislation to provide funding for threat-based homeland security to ensure adequate resources for first responders, and such high-target communities as New York City.

She is the first New Yorker ever to serve on the Senate Armed Services Committee, working to see that America's military has the necessary resources to protect our national security. She has visited troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and at Fort Drum in New York, home of the 10th Mountain Division and other New York bases, as well as at Walter Reed Military Hospital. She has learned first-hand the challenges facing American combat forces. Hillary passed legislation to track the health status of our troops so that conditions like Gulf War Syndrome would no longer be misdiagnosed. She is an original sponsor of legislation that expanded health benefits to members of the National Guard and Reserves and has been a strong critic of the Administration's handling of Iraq.

She has introduced legislation to tie Congressional salary increases to an increase in the minimum wage, because she believes if America's working people don't deserve a raise, neither does Congress. She has supported a variety of middle-class tax cuts, including marriage penalty relief, property tax relief, and reduction in the Alternative Minimum Tax, and supports fiscally responsible pay-as-you-go budget rules. She helped pass legislation that encouraged investment to create jobs in struggling communities through the Renewal Communities program.

In the Senate, Hillary has not wavered in her work to expand quality affordable health care to more Americans. She worked to strengthen the Children's Health Insurance Program, which increased coverage for children in low income and working families. She authored legislation that has been enacted to improve quality and lower the cost of prescription drugs and to protect our food supply from bioterrorism. She sponsored legislation to increase America's commitment to fighting the global HIV/AIDS crisis, and is now leading the fight for expanded use of information technology in the health care system to decrease administrative costs, lower premiums, and reduce medical errors.

Her strong advocacy for children continues in the Senate. Some of Hillary's proudest achievements have been her work to ensure the safety of prescription drugs for children, with legislation now included in the Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act, and her legislation to help schools address environmental hazards. She has also proposed expanding access to child care. She has passed legislation that will bring more qualified teachers into classrooms and more outstanding principals to lead our schools.

Hillary has been a powerful advocate for women in the Senate. Her commitment to supporting the rights guaranteed in Roe v. Wade and to reducing the number of abortions by reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies was hailed by the New York Times as "frank talk... (And) a promising path." Hillary is one of the original cosponsors of the Prevention First Act to increase access to family planning. Her fight with the Bush Administration ensured that Plan B, an emergency contraceptive, will be available to millions of American women and will reduce the need for abortions.

Hillary is strongly committed to making sure that every American has the right to vote in fair, accessible, and credible elections. She introduced the Count Every Vote Act of 2005 to ensure better protection of votes and to ensure that every vote is counted.

In 2006, New Yorkers reelected Hillary to the Senate with 67 percent of the vote.

Hillary's economic blueprint to restore the American middle class includes:

• Lowering taxes for middle class families.

• Providing quality, affordable health care to every American.

• Making college accessible and affordable.

• Confronting the growing problems in the housing market.

• Bolstering retirement security by promoting savings and investment.

• Returning to fiscal responsibility and moving towards balanced budgets.

• Harnessing innovation to create the high-wage jobs of the 21st century.

• Creating a $50 billion Strategic Energy Fund to jumpstart research and development of alternative energies.

• Strengthening unions and ensuring our trade laws work for all Americans.

As president, Hillary will:

1. Lower taxes for middle class families by: extending the middle class tax cuts including child tax credit and marriage penalty relief, offering new tax cuts for healthcare, college and retirement, and expanding the EITC and the child care tax credit.

2. Harness the power of innovation to create high wage jobs of the 21st Century. Investments in alternative energy can create new jobs for the 21st century; expanded access to broadband will bring opportunities to underserved and disadvantaged communities; the manufacturing base can be re-energized through creative partnerships; and increased government support for research will stimulate the development of new technologies and life-saving medicines. Hillary will restore integrity to science policy, reversing Bush administration policies that are holding our nation back.

3. Empower our workers and ensure that all Americans contribute their fair share. Hillary will ensure that unions, which have played an important role in forming and sustaining the middle class, are strong. She will also ensure that trade policies work for average Americans. Trade policy must raise our standard of living, and they must have strong protections for workers and the environment.

4. Restore the basic bargain. Hillary will restore the basic bargain that if Americans work hard and take responsibility, government will do its part to make sure they have the tools to get ahead.

5. Return to fiscal responsibility. After six and a half year of President Bush's fiscal irresponsibility, Hillary wants America to regain control of its destiny. She will move back toward a balanced budget and surpluses. Hillary believes that we should develop a set of budget rules similar to those we had in the 90s which required us to fund new expenditures with new revenues or cuts in other areas.

Clinton has served on five Senate committees: Committee on Budget (2001–2002),[203] Committee on Armed Services (since 2003),[204] Committee on Environment and Public Works (since 2001),[203] Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (since 2001)[203] and Special Committee on Aging.[205] She is also a Commissioner of the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe [206] (since 2001).[207]

And a few of her quotes

"By providing for our common defense, we make a common commitment as a nation, as leaders, and as private citizens to do all that we can to make September 11th the only day of infamy for this generation."

"These principles that we just so easily talk about—democracy, tolerance, rule of law, individual rights—they are the bedrock that has sustained our societies. …It is precisely those values that we share that are under attack from the radical Islamist extremists. Their ideology disdains our liberal democratic values and seeks to destroy all that we hold dear."

"…ensure that our children and grandchildren inherit a world in which the air is clean enough to breathe, the water is pure enough to drink, and the natural resources that make New York the greatest state in the greatest nation in the world are protected for generations to come."

DeeDEE, i like hillary because she has more experience. i listened to minn public radio one day driving back from sioux falls and they had highlites of a debate and obama had way to many generalized answers and she was more definavite. not that i wouldnt support him if he got the nomination. as i said i work for the union and she would to a better job in my own biased opinion.