• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Women vs Men

WOW thats impressive,you may be swaying me?

There are other things in the clintons past both bill and hillary that make me not very trusting in them.

As far as obama what has he done? He came out of nowhere.

Can you list what McCain has done in comparison to hillary?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slamnfish, i dont live up there we have a cabin near spring lake. yes i have fished sand and dora. only once though. i heard dora has nice sunfish, which is my #1 species, and sand i fished several times with mixed results. lotz of little slimers some nice perch and a few eyes. up there its like to many lakes with to little time. if you go to sand from wirt you drive by the driveway to the cabin on 29. its right before 4.

I will be honest and say I am a die hard DFL person. And so have judged McCain more on his party values rather than himself. But I will say of any possible GOP canidates, McCain is the best of them.

The Demcratic Party Cread

We recognize that the capacity of government is limited but we regard democratic government as a force for good and a source of hope.

We believe it is the responsibility of government to help us achieve this fair society.

* A society where the elderly and the disabled can lead lives of dignity and where Social Security remains an unshakable commitment.

* A society where all people can find jobs in a growing full-employment economy.

* A society where all workers are guaranteed without question the legal rights to join unions of their own choosing and to bargin collectively for decent wages and conditions of employment.

* A society where taxes are clearly based on ability to pay

* A society where the equal rights of women are guaranteed in the Constitution.

*A society where the civil rights of minotities are fully secured and where no one is denied the opportunity for a better life.

* A society where both public and private discrimination based upon race, sex, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, economic status, philosophical persuasion, or discrimination through lawful means.

* A society where we recongnize that the strenghtening of the family and the protection of children are essential to the health of the nation.

* A society where sound education, proper nutrition, quality medical care, affordable housing, safe streets, and a healthy enviroment are possible for every citizen.

* A society where the livlihoods of our family farmers are as stable as the values they instill in the American character.

* A society where a strong national defense is a common effort, where promoting human rights is a basic value of our foreign policy, and where we ensure that the future by ending the nuclear arms race.

Now the GOP may say some of the same things, BUT, do your research, has the laws and bills introduced and passed by them really back up what they might say.

I know that the record of the DFL is in alinement with these statements and their record shows it.

OK I'm off my soap box now, ( well for right now at least )

I am also a Hillary fan, not only for her accomplishments but for her fortitude to overcome all the bad publicity that her husband brought to her marriage. Give her props for staying with him and for having the guts to run for any public office after the debacle she went through. It has always amazed me that so many other countries have elected women as Prime Ministers and other high offices, but we keep ignoring our talented women. I am also amazed how a man can be ruthless, tough, successful in business and he is admired. But if a women does the same thing she is called names which we won't mention. I think it is high time that the political glass ceiling is shattered. Now I will get off my band wagon and go eat some of Dietz' birthday cake. \:D

Originally Posted By: SlamNFish

I just thought maybe you could give a fair comparison of John McCain.

Thanks have a great day.

After seeing this I decided maybe I should look a closer at Senator McCain. I did a google on him and read his bio and some of his views and accomplishments on Wikepedia. While being a staunch DFLer myself I have always been an admirer of Senator McCain, and after doing some reading on his viewpoints and past records I would also definitely consider him a good choice for the presidency. This will definitely be a tough decision for me this year. I see where it more important than ever to consider all candidates in this tough race. While this is not exactly an FM forum topic, it does make one think.

Originally Posted By: Iambjm

I just thought maybe you could give a fair comparison of John McCain.

Thanks have a great day.

After seeing this I decided maybe I should look a closer at Senator McCain. I did a google on him and read his bio and some of his views and accomplishments on Wikepedia. While being a staunch DFLer myself I have always been an admirer of Senator McCain, and after doing some reading on his viewpoints and past records I would also definitely consider him a good choice for the presidency. This will definitely be a tough decision for me this year. I see where it more important than ever to consider all candidates in this tough race. While this is not exactly an FM forum topic, it does make one think.

I agree lamb it is tuff this year in my opinion McCain or Clinton is all we have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i guess we need to really take a hard look at who is best for this country?

Totally examine their backgrounds and i mean everything.

To see what kind of person they are privately and politically.

I guess we also need to ask ourselves "Who do you trust?" the most.

But your right this isn't a political forum.

Nice to talk to ya Lamb. Take care.

And find a good crappie lake and catch some fish it's a beautiful day. \:\)

Quote:

Since this forum was titled "women verses men" which i don't like if it is meant in a negative way.

Then in the positive side of this we or the leaders of this site should have a women verses men fishing contest all in fun! \:\)

I think that would be a BLAST. What do you think? \:\)

Slam - you said the magic word - contest (competion) - grin.gif I'm there bro - cool.gif

You mentioned the magic word-----FISHING!!!!!

ps It is actually I am Bjm not Lamb. But you can just call me Barb. The last 3 letters are my initials, first started out on AOL as IamBM, but I guess you can see the connotation.

lisa from your posts in the past it looks like the men have a significant lead. i must admit you are slowly catching up. i just hope the ice lasts long enough for that!! LOL. sorry couldnt resist the shot. its just the way i am.

Ok - ice fishing contest - 4 women vs. 4 men. next yr ( sorry no time left this season ) Dec 20th. ( ice permitting other wise Jan 10th ) Isle Bay ( Mille Lacs ). 50 holes drilled in a 150 ft by 150 ft section. All holes can be used by any one. Contest will be for total length!!! Measure each fish and total all measurements for the winner.

Wow Tami, whatta plan! I've never fished Mille Lacs so I think you gotta leg on me already. Wait, I'm probably not one of the 4 anyway! I'm just assuming!!

And hey glenn, a perch can't change his stripes now can he? Thank goodness we like you huh? grin.gif Born a jokester, always a jokester. \:D

I just figure Mille Lacs was a good centeral location, good all around fishing. And yes you're on the team, we're team captains. grin.gif

Barb you in ?

Who else is out there ?

Guys - whos on board.

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I love a contest

Just a thought - but if we have alot who are interested, we could do a tag team type of thing. You can have as many as you want on your team, but only 4 per team in the fishing area at any given time.

Originally Posted By: reelemin
I just figure Mille Lacs was a good centeral location, good all around fishing. And yes you're on the team, we're team captains. grin.gif

Barb you in ?

God willing and the creek don't rise!!!!! How thick is the ice by then? Could I bring my wheeler out or would it be walking? I think that is where the hubby caught his 2# 2oz crappie a few years back. I would ask him but he is location challenged, he needs a GPS to find the bathroom. Anyone want me to post a pic of it?

Hey i just thought of a good idea and it would be fun!

Since this forum was titled "women verses men" which i don't like if it is meant in a negative way.

Then in the positive side of this we or the leaders of this site should have a women verses men fishing contest all in fun! \:\)

I think that would be a BLAST. What do you think? \:\)

\:D YEAAA FISHING CONTEST WOOOO HOOOO grin.gif I'm in... crazy.gif.........Awwww crappie, never mind cry.gif jk

Boy, I was afraid I was asking a loaded question, ya'll have really giving me some good leads to start with. I probably should have started earlier.

Slam - unfortunatly I've not been deepsea fishing yet, small boats + BIG waves = sad tummy. That motion sickness stuff makes me sleep. But I have been shore fishing, and pier fishing. No luck either way.

oops! looks like i started something. not good. dec 20. i dont remember yesterdays plans? i wrote it on the calender. iven if i fish by myself will attempt to make it. lisa see what being a prankster can sometimes result in. im sweatin it already.