• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any musicians out there in FM land?

Sandmannd

Hey kids,

I played bass (guitar, not the fish) for many years in a rock band and traveled all over the midwest. I haven't played in about ten years, but I've been really getting the itch to play again the last year or so. Anyone out there play guitar, drums, keys, sing? Would anyone want to get a group together to jam and do it just for SNG's? I think it would be fun to get with some folks and play some music, maybe even start and FM band for special events hehehehehe.

Sandmannd,

Sorry, too far away to jam with you. Sounds like a blast.

I spent about 12 years touring the midwest starting in the late 70's with a country band as a bass player/lead vocalist. It was a blast. Took some time off, just doing some showband stuff for the next twenty years.

Hooked up with a great bunch of guys after I married my current wife. Her BIL is a drummer. We do a couple of weekends a month at small clubs in the St. louis, MO. area. Nothing big at all. Just fun! I'm only doing vocals now, so it's kind of easy. It's also a total change from the kind of music I did for so many years.

Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you a link to our HSOforum.

I've played guitar, bass, mandolin, drums, harmonica, and have dabbled in piano. Now dont get me wrong, I didnt say I play these well, I just understand the concept of them. So I dont really consider myself a "musician". I've been playing guitar for about 10 years I suppose, never played gutair in a band. In high school a buddy and I messed around with some Mettallica, Manson, Weezer, etc... but it never evolved to more than just trying to figure out the songs, I played drums then. Now I just mainly play acoustic guitar, lots of Dylan, Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Jack Johnson, GNR, even some beastie boys and a little blues stuff.

It all started when I heard "Over the Hills and Far Away" for the first time, I had to figure out how they did that. I'm still working on figuring out parts of that song, 10 years later. I tell you what, for being a rock band Zep sure had some fancy stuff going on in their songs. Some of my favorites to play are Tangerine, good times bad times, whole lotta love, Gallows Pole, going to cali, they are all great songs.

Guitar, bass guitar, most brass winds... although tuba is my forte so to speak.

fun stuff... got the tuba out for the 2 year old, and she now says she wants to get money for her own tuba~

I played bass in a few bands for about ten years. Didn't do any extensive touring, but played gigs once or twice a week for a lot of it. Did some recording, when the money was there.

I used to love it more than anything in the world. I spent up to 8 hours a day playing my bass. The shows were always fun, whether it was an empty room or packed like sardines. It was great while it lasted, but then, eventually, I just got out of it. My amp blew out, I had a falling out with my drummer, I got sick of dealing with the egos of the singers and guitarists... and I got back into fishing.

The downside of making music is that you have to associate with musicians. Not always easy. And if you really want to make it in the business, you have to devote everything you have to it.

But god, it's fun.

I have played piano for about 20 years, Took lessons for about 8 years, now I dabble in the stuff that I enjoy. I have also been contracted out as a wedding singer for numerous weddings. Other than that, I sing with the worship team at church every Sunday. I am looking at adding the quitar to my musical list, however I just haven't pulled the trigger on purchasing one yet.

CA

I started out in ND in a band called SKAM that only traveled through ND & SD for the most part. Then I played in a band called Milwakee Iron down in Indianapolis for a while. Moved back and a couple of friends and I put together St. Micheal. We traveled pretty much the whole midwest from 91 to 93. Iron Horse is the only place we hit in the cities, but we played at the Press in St. Cloud, Up in Superior and in Virginia for MN. Did a lot of other towns in other states.

I love the "back in the day" stuff grin.gif

I used to play acoustic guitar...wrote songs, played in church,etc. Then I moved to the other side of the mic and had a small sound company and ran sound for a local country band, some churches, and a couple of outdoor concerts and events. Got into corporate sound for awhile then made a huge career change to Law Enforcement. Sold all my gear but the guitar. I hope to have more time to play again someday, it has been a few years since I dusted it off.