• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who all has a Wii?

hoggs222

5 year old is fixated on Lego Star Wars.

2 year old is fixated on sports and Wii Play.

Myself, I just picked up T.W. Golf 2008 the other day, finally got an hour to myself to try it out.

It's not bad, but the graphics are pretty choppy, even compared to my PS2.

Plus, either my comtroller was wigging out, or the game is screwy, because I'd try to use the controller to swing the club as in Golf in Sports, but it would just swing either when it wanted to, or not come back down from the backswing. It was hard to get it to swing exactly when I wanted, so I switched it to swinging while sitting.

For me its Call of Duty 3...Wii sports and Medal of honor Heroes. Been playing a lot of COD3..really fun game when you get the contols down. Me and my wife bowl alot on Wii sports. Any of you guys try playing any of your Wii Games online? I have been trying but seems as tho i am either having router troubles..or the game is shot. Not sure.

Does anyone have Madden? Is it hard/stupid with the remote.

We have the wii classic controller which is like a snes controller that you plug into the nunchuk port on the remote. I am considering getting madden for the game cube so I can play it with a regular controller.

That sucks. I wanted to get the Bigs. Maybe I'll rent it.

Has anyone played Showtime Boxing? I have a feeling that could be fun. Also, there is supposed to be a big buck hunter or cabelas hunting game coming out that you use the wii zapper for.

Does anyone play on-line? I've never tried. Which games work on-line. We got the wii on the wireless because the wife absolutely had to get the points shopping card and download super mario bros. 3 (LAME)($5).

right now there are a few decent online games. one shooter medal of honor 2, which is average compared to anything on 360 or ps3, mario strikers which is a mario based soccer game thats okay, good for kids, the madden 08 which i didnt like - ea online sucks. the one to wait for in a month will be SSBB - super smash bros. brawl. its a side scrolling mario type fighter game. awesome multiplayer game, cant wait. other than that ive been playing mario galaxy which is awesome and my wife likes sims castaway.

I've been playing Woods 07', Farcry, Zelda, Rapala Fishing, but the best by far are the games you Download from the Wii Store. The old school games, Mario Kart, Ecco the Dolphin, Tecmo Bowl, Streets Of Rage, Ice Hockey theres too many to list and they're relatively cheap too. Anywhere from $5 - $10 and you cant even buy these games anywhere besides hsolist for Double the price and they are always saved on your Wii once you download them.

I'd just like to announce that I just went PRO in all five sports. Boxing was the hardest, as you gain points slowly. Tennis was the easiest my rating is 1979, 2000 is perfect 1000 is pro. Baseball has gotten alot harder since turning pro. They throw alot of junk and try to get you to chase outside/inside/low pitches.

How's every one else doing at wii sports!

-Rapala fishing - o.k.

-Mator National - The boys like this one a lot

-Monster jam - another hit with the boys and myself

-Smarty pants - wife likes it

-WII sports - Just turned pro (bowling) a couple of weeks ago. I also like to do the fitness challenge every once and a while.

-WII play - target shoot, pong, and tanks are fun.

-Guitar Hero - Way fun and addictive!!

I have been thinking about lego star wars. I'm hoping EA sports comes out with a nascar for either wii or PC.

We have had a lot of fun with creating and finding different mii's. Its amazing how much you can make them look like yourself. We have the whole family, moms, dads, boys, grandmas, grandpas, aunts, and uncles. Even a couple of celebrities Napoleon Dynamite and Chuck Noris,

We have both lego star wars for the PC (original trilogy & Ep 1-3) and my now 6 year old loved them. He also has one of the lego SW on PS2 at Grandmas. I'm not sure how it would play for the wii, but if you have to slash the saber it could be pretty fun for a kid. We decided were not going to buy Lego SW for the 3rd time though.

PS, my 6 year old is the only other PRO bowler in the house. He likes his "rockstar" ball!

I just got Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii and it's been a blast. I get home from work and play 6-7 songs until I can't feel my hand anymore. I'm up to almost 5 stars on each song on easy. Medium level, only one song passed.

I can't wait for a decent baseball or hockey game that works for the Wii.