• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FM Ultimate Fish House

deadminnowcatcher

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever tried or thought about a skylight?? Seems like it would be a good idea if you can make sure it is all sealed up good. Would be nice to have the extra light especially if you have walls with bunks and cabinets.....just a thought

The diamond plate will need some sort of water proofing on the back because the seams will allow the salt and water to get in. You could have it line-x(ed) on the inside before you put up the insulation. The 1/16 should be plenty thick but 1/8 would be my choice for the (ultimate) fish house.

I'm not sure just exactly how they attach the diamond plate.

I know on my Ultra Shack the edges had the RV edging around it and then a RV grade silicone applied to the edging seams as well.

Diamond plate was screwed in to the house front, not sure if there is a backer board under it or how they do it. Wouldn't think you would want to apply anything to the back of it as you will raise it farther away from the frame.Maybe a construction adhesive/sealer spread.

Should be easy information to find from other builders here or manufacturers.

for the diamond plate could you screw it to the studs and then put the tin...(what i would use for siding) drop the edge of it(bottom edge) have it tuck under the diamond plating and then caulk it?? so...would that work........for puttin diamond plate 2' up all around the fish house???

Also....ya how about a Sky light?? or window that doesnt open on top....which is the same thing any info on it

I built a 7x14 house. Empire 15,000 btu direct vent heater.If you leave the cover off of the pilot window, you can see the flame through the front grate of the heater.I wired in a 12 volt small occilating fan in the ceiling right over the furnace.My house is well insulated and this set up is great.

my friend just used some leftover vinyl siding from his house, and it's held up surprisingly well. maybe you could talk either to some contractors or supply places and see if you could get some cheap extra steel siding from a previous job?? lumber liquidators?

I'm by no means an expert on this, but if you screw the bottom of the sheet in to the frame, it should be solid as if it were complete. Other houses only have fiberglass which doesn't add to structural stability at all, so even with the sheeting it should be air tight and solid. The foam will only enhance the strength.

ON a side note, if you dont have sheeting inside, you might want to put cross braces inside and tack to floor to help out just to be safe.

I have been looking at the progress that you have made on the house, it looks great. A while back a gentleman said that he has 3 batteries in his house that were hooked in series. DON'T Hook your in series. Three batteries hooked in series will become a 36 volt sytem. Hook them in parallel!! Just dont want you to burn up all the new equipment that you just put in it.. Keep up the good work.

You should be fine driving to get it insulated. Mine has .040 smooth aluminium and I drove further than 60 miles with just the shell(no insulation or paneling on inside)I may have missed it but are you going to wire it before you spray foam? Also, I never braced mine when I pulled it, that smooth aluminium really locks it tight, but it would not hurt.

Originally Posted By: Big Buck Buster
I have been looking at the progress that you have made on the house, it looks great. A while back a gentleman said that he has 3 batteries in his house that were hooked in series. DON'T Hook your in series. Three batteries hooked in series will become a 36 volt sytem. Hook them in parallel!! Just dont want you to burn up all the new equipment that you just put in it.. Keep up the good work.

Would you please explain, what exactly ur referring? Im unclear as to what the difference is between the two ways of hooking them up? Whats in series vs. parallel?

I made the original reference to it...however i didn't know the terminology at the time.

I have 3 batteries in my house and i have the REDs all connected together and the BLACKS all connected to gether. I believe this is called parallel which provides an extended 12V current.

If you were to connect red to black on teh next battery and then red to black, this is called series and would generate 36V.

Been a while since I did this, it was back in high school. I believe what you described is backwards. All the reds tied to gether and all the blacks tied together owuld be series and give you 36 volts. The other way is parrellel and would give you 12 volts on your three batteries.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this though.