• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a MarCum LX-5/LX-3?

ENY Tyler called and he needed an LX-5 fast for a buddy of his. All the big box stores are pretty much sold out. \:\( So I got on the phone to call my local Gander's.. First call because the NH store after 10 a.m. was saying that it was closed confused.gif:( I called the Cicero one and Dave answered the phone. I asked him if he had any MarCum LX-5's, his reply "No", next I asked if he had any LX-3's and he said "No" they had a VX-1 and that's it. And then he tells me we have Vexilars and that they sell better. \:D\:D\:D As I hung up with Dave I was thinking to myself if you are new to ice fishing and gong there looking for a MarCum your wasting your time.

Anyhow I talked to Wheeler at New Hartford Gander right after and he had just pulled some MarCum's down from the Watertown store 4 - LX-5's and 2 LX-3's and he has only 1 VX-1 left.

Tyler get there quick... If you know for sure what time you'll be there tomorrow let Wheeler know so he can put it aside for you.

Dark Cloud - Was thinking about your Gander down your way and wondering if they have any left?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told you Tim, I sent my buddy there to by a Marcum and they filled his head with [PoorWordUsage] and he bought a Vex. We got on the ice and I started to explain to him all the advantages of the Marcum and the first thing was "The guys in Gander know more then you do". Well I said "You made a great purchase and hope you're not a sucker all your life because someone told you it was great because they worked there" I asked him how much he spent on it and he told me $400, I said " Wow, mine cost me $180 and I have 600 peak to peak compared to your 400 peak to peak top line $400 unit". I told him not to get to close to me or I'm going to turn my gain up a little and drive you out of here.... LMAO

Gander is Cicero is a great store but they push the Vex's down people's throats. They have this big end cap display with all the vex's with video's playing 24/7 about them.

Timmy - I can check our Gander but dont remember seeing one a few days ago...

A few of the guys at our store are fairly knowlegable a few are "experts" cuz they know the diff between a spinning rod and a baitcaster and they can tie a palmar knot! crazy.gif

John I know you mean well but 95% of the guys here have made the move, sorry pal... I know you feel left out in this so.. I'll throw you a bone. grin.gif

Yes you are very good with your FL-18, does that make you feel better grin.gif\:D Good luck this weekend on the honey do's and good luck Sunday bud...

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
John I know you mean well but 95% of the guys here have made the move, sorry pal... I know you feel left out in this so.. I'll throw you a bone. grin.gif

You Marcum guys are all right in my book even if some of you don't troll or use tipups grin.gif I am a proud Marcum owner myself for about 4 years now. I have the LX-i handheld Marcum which has been excellent ;\)

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
John I know you mean well but 95% of the guys here have made the move, sorry pal...

Timmy, your right about the MOVE! I've search the web and just about all are sold out except for a few LX-1's. Man I wish I had a stash of about 50 right now.

I'll keep looking for you,

Steve

I'll keep trying to find places out of the way here that still have units available but it's come down to finding a needle in a haystack out east. \:\( Possibly there will be some places that may ship from Minnesota and Wisconsin to still get units. MarCum has a list of retailer's on there web site, call those places and see if they will be willing to ship out east...

http://www.marcum.com/retailers/index.php#mn

Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank those that have spread the word, this has been an unbelievable season for MarCum Technologies and it's all because of you...

Originally Posted By: ENYTYLER
I am looking for the best not second best long live the marcum LX5 brand loyal .

Tyler, it isn't looking too good for Lake George! Maybe by next weekend but I doubt that also. Things have really slowed down over at the walleye lake we fished a couple weeks back. I think I might just do some panfishing again up north a ways til we get some real ice.

Just wanted to thank Ray Mazza for jumping in and helping out Jim. The power of this group of guys ceases to amaze me. Thanks for stepping up for a class guy Ray! Jim in Yorkville. IL will appreciate it more than words. Give him a call he's the nicest guy you ever want to talk too. I want to thank Chuck Worum and FishingKing for returning my emails for consideration. Makes me proud!

Just glad I can help him out and at the same time step up to the 5. I'll still upgrade my 3 at the end of the season. ijust may keep it so I can take a newbie along. Can't thank you and the others here enough for taking me in. Feels like and been treated like I've known them for years. It's family and you can't beat that with a stick! Glad I saved my pennies, sure feels good to be back! The LX5 sure is a shot in the arm. Just what I need to stoke my fever!!! I owe you guys, you don't know what you've done for me or what it means to me. Can't thank you'all enough