• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brrrr...Cold!

So who actually got out and fished this weekend besides icewoman, teresa and Diana?

Here in Carlton, I actually have 2.5 degrees above zero right now. Not bad! It's practically bikini weather! \:ocrazy.gif NOT! Trying to study that dreaded Cell Biology right now so decided to take a break and see what everyone's been doing during this cold snap. This women's forum is really quiet today except for DeeDee chatting earlier. How's Florida today DeeDee? Wanna trade now? eek.gif We'll still be the teens BELOW zero most nights this week. That's just how January rolls!

We still have some laker prep for this weekend to do. Tami, did you get your trailer all packed and ready to go?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not even get out to do any fishing. Took the permanent off the lake on Saturday afternoon because I did not know if I could get the Kawasaki Mule running on Sunday. I was perfectly happy to sit back and enjoy the warm cabin. To LOW next weekend so today has been spent getting everything ready to go, batteries charged, lines rigged and stuff packed.

It was tough seeing the house come off the lake, don't know if I will even get it back on to fish the rest of this winter...Will hve to resort to fishing in the portable.

Yup it'll get warmer by the weekend. Thank goodness! You are one tough soul Steve!

I bet that is a sad day when the perm comes off. Portables are fun though. You can explore lots of different lakes. Still lots of ice time left IW isn't there! We'll all be swapping fishing stories come this Sunday or Monday. I love having something to look forward too. LOW for you, Burntside for me! It makes the week fly by! I like your new avatar. Nice looking dog!

Hey Lisa, I got out on Sat. for an awesome day of fishing on the north end of LOW. Myself and two new friends loaded up the SnoBear and rolled north. It took about 1 1/2 hours to get up there from south shore but well worth the trip. Caught limits of 15-18" walleyes, nice sauger, two burbot, 1 tulipee, and about 8 nice jumbo perch! It was cold but the sun was out and not much wind. All in all a great day on the pond. Cant wait for this weekend to do it again!

That's right Harvey-I forgot that's what he told us. Thanks for reminding me! Oh and that he'd bring us all lunch on Friday too being that he's such a lovely host and all... \:D

Oh what a great fishing report NAMA! I bet you have way more than 2 new friends with that Snobear! Bet they're coming out of the woodwork! \:\/;\)grin.gif

harvey- how are you ? not trying to butt in just thought i would let you know i am going back to millelacs in feb. and bringing my new bug and thought you might like to see it this year. how's everything? i see you stay very busy being semi-retired!! it was -3 here for the cold snap making lots of good ice for us. grin.gifgrin.gif

I fished on friday just before the deep freeze (only 0* all day long) and again on sunday for the Metro Area GTG. It was -16 when we met for breakfast and -14 when we hit the lake. The warmup was because the sun came up \:D

With the bright sun we never took the heater off low and we never had frost in the portable either. It sure makes a difference. It wasn't weather for walking around and chatting with people, but -15 with no wind is better than 0* with a 15mph wind.

We probably caught more than 50 sunnies and crappies each. Nothing to write home about, but the sunnies were actually better than the crops, so there were a few for the pan.

Originally Posted By: LisaTealz
This women's forum is really quiet today except for DeeDee chatting earlier. How's Florida today DeeDee? Wanna trade now?

Its 75-80 cool.gif degrees today and tonight it will be 40 -something. But couple days ago it got to 30 something, at work we all huddled in a little group freezing our behinds off. But again all we have are sweaters. And yes I would love to trade with you! Thats perfect sleep.gif sleeping/cuddling weather ;\)