• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 Grizzly 700 FI Auto. 4x4 EPS

MuleShack

Just wanted to see what people think about the new grizzly.

I might be working on a new strategy for next year with a wheel house and would switch over to a regular wheeler with tracks to fit inside for travel.

I was looking around and these seem to be a good machine as far as features and design go.

How is the maintenace records for Yamaha? do they hold up good?

What is top speeds on these 4 wheelers?

Just looking for some feedback either pos or neg on this model.

Thanks

My dads 660 has been great. I know of 3 guys with the 700 and all of them love them. top speed is high 60's to low 70's. The only thing with the griz would be pulling a heavy wheelhouse with the independent rear. A solid axle is definately better for pulling the heavy load. I would say any wheelhouse over 2500 pounds would really stress it even with the springs cranked up. And the quality of the yamahas is second to none

One thing you can do to ease the tongue weight on the wheeler is to load some of the heavy equipment to the far back of the fishouse. (opposite end of the tongue) As stated Yamaha quality, and reliability is second to none. I've owned three of them in the past 8-9 years and they have held up rather well to use, and abuse.The new 700 is supposed to be awesome. With the power steering you can ride all day on difficult terrain, and not even get sore.

GRIZZLY is the one i would get right now! my buddy has one and it is the best quad i have seen in a long time...i tossed and turned for nights deciding between it and the can am 800, it was a toss up and i went canadian..but everytime i see that grizz i wonder if i should have got it,,,,that is until i pull a wheelie with 28"s by flicking my throttle!

I would say the Griz is right up there with the Rincon as some of the best trail machines. They are all rather spendy though. If the griz was a 800 class, it would probably outsell the others with their good ride a PS. I have only read about how good it is. I have not ridden one.

For pulling you need something with tighter suspension like a brute force or a solid rear axle like a Foreman. The prairie 650 I had worked the best. It was like a bulldozer.

I have the 660, I have friends with the 700. The 700 will get into that lower to mid 70's speed. As for the IRS, I have pulled alot of weight with mine, I have seen the 700 pull alot also. They wont have any problem pulling your house. Unless you have alot of tongue weight. I have pulled a 5 place trailer loaded with atv's with one sitting on the very front of the bed. There had to be 500-600 lbs of tongue weight on it, didnt have a problem with it at all, except for stopping. And accell it was a little lite in the front. I dont think I would pull it for a couple miles, but it moved it around the farm ok.

I did the opposite, was going to get the Griz. But went for the 700 King quad. Love it. Had a 98' 350 King Quad and could haul ANYthing with it. So far the new 700 is going great at the cabin hauling timber around.

I have a 07 Yamaha RHino 660 in CAMO.. and i love it!! I am looking to get a New Grizzly 700 with power steering and from what i have heard and the quality of my rhino it is the Best!! I wont buy any other brand of ATV!! Griz 700 is something to get!!!

I am looking hard at the Yamahas and King Quads. I love the looks of the Grizzly though Not sure I can quite afford it. I have been tossing the King Quad 450 in the ring because of its nice price tag. One question I havn't heard much of is Lights. The KQ 750 has the third headlight. Is it needed?

What I've heard from people is that the 3rd headlight on the handlebars is priceless. It actually aims where you are going when you turn and not just what's directly in front of the machine.

It's probably not a deal maker/breaker IMO, but a nice added feature w/the 750.

I rarely use my 3rd light. Most times I have things on the front rack, or when riding in dusty conditions after dark it causes alot of glare making it harder to see. I would agree that it is nice for turning and seeing ahead in clear conditions though.

The Grizzly's lights are pretty bright. I have not had any issues with lack of visibility when cruising at night. I am always coming out after dark when hunting . Might be nice to have an extra but I dont think you'll miss it..Scott