• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

No doubt I love seeing my kids with the tipups ,they love to run to those flags!The boys are 13 + 14 now my 6 yr old daughter is asking to go ;\) time to take her over to moraine to have fun with the dink fish and pickeral .im a stones throw away from most of the madison waters so whenever anybody wants to go hit me up.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I wouldn't say that Morraine is all tiny sunfish anymore ;\) It's a gret place to bring a kid period. I have some places on there I haven't touched but will shortly. There are many places for gills and craps to hide in there and the big side really goes untouched. It's a gem. I still can't believe I caught a walleye in there a few years back.

I fished there 1st ice caught alot of fish on plastics little atom to be spec. didnt know about loby + maki then Willing to go back and try again though catch more bigger fish there in the summer then on the ice but like you say dont hit the big side much.want to hit L more to look for the eyes

If anyone is heading to Morraine, watch out on the small side. Someone cut a square about 4' X 4'. It is to the left of the launch towards the road. Someone marked it with construction cones, but I'm not sure if they'll be there for long.

K-ville, I took a monster Crappie out of there last week. Biggest one out of there yet for me. I've taken some nice sized pickrel too. That can be a challenge on 2 lb. test and UL rod, but I love it. I'm free more than most of the guys since I'm retired early. Always up for a trip on the ice. Mon and Tue are usually out but I can make one with lead time. Other than that, most days are open. I'll fish anyplace!

Steve, that's a great idea for the kids! Sure hope you get good ice. That's a trip I'd love to make. Hello to Cindy too.

Originally Posted By: Otis1
If anyone is heading to Morraine, watch out on the small side. Someone cut a square about 4' X 4'. It is to the left of the launch towards the road. Someone marked it with construction cones, but I'm not sure if they'll be there for long.

Otis, marked with cones it might be where a local fire department was doing ice rescue training. I have seen that on a few of the small lakes out that way.

Don't worry Kirk about you using Little Atom to catch fish, them and CJ&S's is all there were back then and we all caught fish and still catch fish with there stuff. Find what works for you and use it. You will find here we are not about what you use, being a quality guy that loves to fish is all that is required. We still have Vex here... Somewhere.... Where...., ah yes Insurance Guy (just kidding). \:D

Gonna be wearing the high rubber pac boots tomorrow. I put a fresh coat of Camp Dry on the trap at 0530 this morning. Broke out my brand new shiny 5" hand lazer and put her together, I love new augers. grin.gif I'll check my perch riggings this evening, but my favorite fishing rod is being repaired \:\(

I hope tomoroow I'll be "Slinging in the rain, just slinging in the rain..." \:D May need a surf board out there. grin.gif

Any more takers?

I am thinking for those that have Day Jobs...we could start at 5:30...we can work around schedules and make one that works. Even if we determine the schedule Weekly and the venues does not have to be Madison County...but that is all I know for Night Callies!

You guys need to caugh up a few venues or I will have the advantage whistle.gif

Oh...BTW, there is no live bait allowed(minnows) ;\)

Originally Posted By: HardWaterChef
Any more takers?

I am thinking for those that have Day Jobs...we could start at 5:30...we can work around schedules and make one that works. Even if we determine the schedule Weekly and the venues does not have to be Madison County...but that is all I know for Night Callies!

You guys need to caugh up a few venues or I will have the advantage whistle.gif

Oh...BTW, there is no live bait allowed(minnows) ;\)

Why dont you hold it on the lake in fulton..... I heard you killed them there the last time you were there.. That place is so easy to catch callies its not even funny...

Doug . . .let me know where and what time, I might be able to make it. Kyle and I hit Caz last night and had bitters pretty much the entire time we were there. Kyle was using some magic juice that he offered to me . . . should have, he had the hot hole. Eventually I switched up and was catching up to him when he decided he needed to be home. I guessed right . . . his Momma wanted him home!!!

DC and Tank...how about some time next mid-week...hopefully those perch will centralize again. My outing on Monday was brutal! That spot where I showed you guys when I pulled over...I fished that entire basin, drilled 40-50 holes and got [PoorWordUsage]e!!

Tonight, I am thinking my Old Favorite right around the corner from Kirkville1. I have caught some true 15 inch Callies there and most fish caught were 10 and over...very thick SLABS!

Of course a blind fold & GPS Shakedown will be in effect ;\)

Plastics...what are they confused.gif

Frank, you can get my number from Ray, Tim, Todd or DC!

I have to run into Syracuse for some business today, but I will have my phone on me!

I wonder why Kyle had the Honey Hole grin.gif

I practically drew him a map with GPS Coordinates grin.gif

Look forward to getting out with a few of you Freaks tonight.

NO MINNOWS...instant disqualification and will result in that person/persons carrying everybodies Gear on and off the ice...it's your call cool.gif