• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro Deer Hunters

LuciandTim

What do you guys think? I am starting to think long days on the stand are pointless. Most of the deer in my area seem to only move evening, morning and night. I have seen a few bucks moving during mid day during the rut but only the spikes. I have a lot of deer using my woods and activity is low except for prime times.

What are your thoughts??

Same here... Even on my very lightly used QDM property. The area around me gets pounded by the shotgunners and the deer respond by going mostly nocturnal. Almost zero movement during daylight hours.

My only advice is to key in on food sources and travel routes to/from bedding areas. A bit of snow would sure come in handy just to see if the trails are even being used. And remember, you can't harvest a deer from the couch!! wink.gif

driving from sabas sports bar to eden prairie on 212 saw like 8 deer couldnt tell if there were any bucsk in the bunch but then again it was 3 am. Man i wish i can find a spot to bow hunt around that area.

Last saturday after hockey with the kids I drove out to check the camera. 11:00AM Saw a buck standing right in the driveway which is used as a deer trail. Had my 6 year old and she was like dad look at that guy! I said "yeah and my bow is in the back of the truck". Her next words were the highlight of the week. "Go get it and put an arrow in him!" Precious little girl!

The camera has nothing but nocturnal deer except one nice doe. I am still hoping to get out on the weekends since after work it is getting dark too soon.

Slow J., gotta love it when kids respond to hunting like that. My Mom asked the young son of a friend if the Easter Bunny was coming to his house. He said "Yeah, we're gonna kill him and eat him huh dad?"