• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best band ever

knoppers

The canadians??? Alice in chains? Are you thinking of Nickel Back maybe?

I think you are confused.

But I do agree that AIC was the best band in the early nineties. Hands down. I own very few albums that I can listen to front to back without skipping over songs and they have two of them, Dirt and Jar of Flies.

I also love Sting as well as Fleetwood Mac, Rumours is another one I can listen to front to back.

Van Halen

Audioslave

I've never really matured in music taste from my youth. In fact, if you ask my wife, it's gotten worse (she is definitely wrong on that one).

The older bands/artists that I still regularly listen to and attempt to emulate (very poorly) on the guitar are:

AC/DC (my best band ever)

Rush

Iron Maiden

Thin Lizzy

Johnny Cash

Ted Nugent

Current artists that I really dig are probably more suited for much younger ears, but I don't really want to grow up, so why not. They are exceptional musicians (or, at least that is how I justify it):

Black Label Society

Iced Earth

Porcupine Tree

Opeth

Dropkick Murphys

And a slew of more bands that most have never heard of. I fear if I really grow up and listen to talk radio and the oldies on KQ exlcusively, I'll die young.

Quote:

The canadians??? Alice in chains? Are you thinking of Nickel Back maybe?

I think you are confused.

But I do agree that AIC was the best band in the early nineties. Hands down. I own very few albums that I can listen to front to back without skipping over songs and they have two of them, Dirt and Jar of Flies.

I also love Sting as well as Fleetwood Mac, Rumours is another one I can listen to front to back.

Van Halen

Audioslave

No I absolutly hate Nickleback, but I'm almost positive AIC is from Canada, Key word: almost wink.gif

The list of good bands is long. Aerosmith, Zep, Doors, Beatles, Eagles, Van Halen, etc. All of these bands were different, cutting egde, and started some kid of "Fad" if that's what we want to call it.

The greatest band ever has to be different, not sell out to the corporate man, be all about the music, be able to change with times, have super amounts of talent, be approachable, Last almost 4 decades, and still FREAKIN ROCK!!!!!

Rush.

Violent Femmes for me, great guys, and good stuff to listen to.

Hey D4, say hi to "MonkeyHustle", I graduated with Lane. By the way, Social D is right on, not the best but great to jam to.

Bad Religion, though the music has gotten much too watererd down over the last four albums. The lyrics are still thought provoking as ever after 27 years. A dictionary may be required for interpretation of the lyrics.

I would have to say that Nickelback is the worst band I have ever heard musically or lyrically in my opinion.

"You're like my favorite ^&@# disease"

"The living room is a boxing ring. She's drunk again. It's time to fight"

"Haven't you heard don't hit a lady? Kickin' your @$$ would be a pleasure"