• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing accessories

waskawood

I finally bought a four wheeler and would like to hear and what brand you like for an auger carrier and a bucket rack. I would also be interested in what other accessories you find handy for your quads. Thanks for any help.

Last year I bought an Otter Medium Monster Box for the rear and couldn't be happier with it. It's large enough to stuff a lot of gear in there where you know it'll be secure when traveling around the lake. When I get the permanent house out I put the deep cycle batteries in there to carry out to the house along with other misc items such as my locator. I put the batteries in there while at the garage and then only have to handle them twice (once there, and once when I get to the fish house)....beats trying to secure them to the rack. I also carry misc tools in there and other "stuff" you might need when ice fishing.

MediumMB.jpg

Otter also makes an auger tube that attaches right to their Monster ATV box, but I went with some of those yokes that attach to the front rack and the auger lays in there. They are the same yokes that you can use for guns, shovels, etc. and are pretty common to find. I mounted three on the rack....one for the auger shaft and two for the auger handles. It doesn't budge one bit. I throw a bungee cord over it just to keep it down when the ATV is on the trailer on the way to the lake. The auger tube idea is most likely the easiest way to load and unload your auger for quick running and may go with that someday to free up room on my front rack for more transport area.

ATVAugerShield.jpg

To handle buckets Otter makes another attachment for the ATV Monster box that holds 5-gal buckets. So you can have the auger tube on one side and then the bucket attachment on the other if you wanted to. The Large Monster ATV box will accommodate buckets inside the box itself I believe.

MBBucketHolder.jpg

Otter makes the best modular system I've seen for ATV storage accessories and it's geared towards the ice angler so you know it's designed the way it should be.

The last thing is a GPS cradle for a Lowrance H20. It mounts to the handlebars and makes it easy to read the GPS when you're out looking for that spot.

Otter usually ships ATV stuff out that's ordered at the show. The products are simply too large to haul a load of 'em down there. My rig should be down there again this year for product inspection.

Quote:

I think a windshield is crucial for ice fishing. Anything to block the wind so you can see, otherwise your eyes water like crazy. At least mine do.

Ditto, I couldn't see spending big $$ on one for my machine. So I made one that fits onto on of my "gear boxes" It will also fit onto my med otter sled to shield the kids when I'm pulling them around behind my machine.

I also bought the Med Otter Box for my wheeler... I LOVE IT>

P1010322.jpg

P1010321.jpgP1010320.jpg

Wow....how do you have time to fish with all that stuff to play with. I'm the same way with other things, but I would have to laugh at first glance when I see a wheeler loaded down like that.

"Sure you got everything, there?" smile.gifsmile.gif

Quote:

You MUST be single.........how could a married man afford all that, "must have" equipment
grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

LOL, married with a set of twins.... I drive old vehicles... My 85 Nissan Pulsar just died... Here is my pick up..

DSC01645.jpg

A 76 GMC. Just stepped up to this one. Prior to this I had an 88 Suburban. As I drove it down the road it would get lighter and lighter because of all the rust falling off of it.

As for a ram mount light. I wired in a small after market high beam driving light under the visor on my helmet, plugs into the acc port on my machine. Works awsome.... You have a beam shining wherever your looking. I'll post a pick, or try to in a day or so.

Quote:

Hey firemed., Where is the kitchen sink located?

Why its in the ice house of course.... Pipes would freeze up otherwise. wink.gif

I have gotten grief for years because I NEVER pack lite I always bring the kitchen sink.... But when the feces hit the osilating blades guess who they come to for a cure... laugh.gif