• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another decent buck!

WaitForIt

Man.. I love bowhunting smile.gif

Last year I shot a P&Y 144 10-pointer, and I followed that up with this with this guy. Not quite as big, but I'm still pretty stoked about how it went down. First the story, then the pics..

I had just gotten up in the stand. It was about 1:30 in the afternoon. I pulled up my bow, put my release on. No hat, gloves, etc.

I was scanning the swamp with my binocs when I heard crashing coming in fast from behind me. I didn't have time to grab my bow off the hook, or put my binocs away - he came right over to my scent wick and started looking around for the doe that left the scent.

He looked at me a few times then turned away. I quick grabbed the bow, and when he started walking away I drew. I grunted at him to make him stop and then released the arrow (from a sitting position, with my binocs still on my lap, no less).

Arrow passed through, he went about 30 yards and piled up... was hit in both lungs and went very quickly.

Total time from when I heard him until when he crashed was ~ 45 seconds. Didn't see any other deer all weekend smile.gif

dscf2267ab4.jpg

Closeup of antlers:

dscf2270jk3.jpg