• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WAKING UP!!!

Bassboy1645

Okay ever since I started this wonderful stressful thing called college and life on your own I just cannot wake up! Every morning my traditon is wake up for a mornign bowhunt and half the time I sit up but everytime the alarms get shut off and I pass back out. Ive got three am bowhunts so far. This week will be better but whats the best way to get awake fast and actaully get motivated to leave the warm bed and comfort knowing ill be lucky to see a deer?! This has been goign on for 2 yrs now. I hunt big woods so its not like im seeing enough deer or big bucks to get me up and I sleep easy in stands. I dont have any problems waking for school or duck hunting!

what ozzie said. I too am in college and occasionally have a similar problem, mine is that i hit the snooze button and end up getting out to the big woods about ten minutes later than i wanted to. I sometimes also get my self really pscyed the night before, thinking, i have an awsome spot to sit and there is no reason i should be sleeping in.

Try not going to the beer bust or the fraternity party the night before grin.gif

Sounds like your rut is going on right now, more so than the deer!

LOL, I had to take the crack at this thread! grin.gif

Shack bash lol, Naw I dont drink too much but the oddest part was I drank the nights before I was going and went! but yup time to move the alarm clock across the room and maybe flip the light switch on when I walk over there. Oh yeah and maybe ill try the cold water trick! blush.giffrown.gif but i dont like caffinee cuz i always gotta pee too much crazy.gif

Boys, just something to consider. Right now you have 4-6 years where you can party, chase, and generally screw around. You will probably have the next 30-40 for hunting. Do the math. Hunt when you can, but enjoy every minute of college, it will be over before you know it. I still hunted as much as possible, but enjoyed myself thoroughly at college. Die hard hunters might think differently, but now I hunt plenty and wish that sometimes I could go out to a college party and get a little nuts again. Enjoy college, it doesn't last long. grin.gif

try the old native american trick, before you go to bed, drink 1-2 quarts of water, then in the morning you will be ready to get up because your bladder is full. I do that all the time when I need to get up early in the morning. Also, once you are married and have kids, you will discover that you will be out the door before that alarm goes off, just make sure you turn the alarm off or the bride will git ya

grow a pair of balls and just get up lol

what i do is have everything ready the night before so i don't have to do anything when i'm tired and lazy...just make sure when the alarm goes off to shut it off and get directly up...don't roll back over for a few minutes...them few minutes turn into an hour quick!