• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone make it to the Rush concert in St. Paul?

KatoMike

Fantastic show! Was about the sixth time I have seen them, and they are nothing short of amazing; played lots of songs off of the new album and lots of songs that they haven't played live in many years.

I remember (kind of) seeing them back in (whenever it was). The 2112 tour. Styx and Starcastle warmed up for them at the civic center. Tickets were $6.50 general admission. I think they forgot where they came from. Times have changed.

BTW Zamboni...do you swallow or spit it out when that happens? grin.gif

Hey during the concert, does Geddy Lee tell the crowd how many rakes he steps on before he comes on stage? I was always curious to the exact number. Once I had an hour long argument with an ex roomate as to whether or not he was a man. Soooooo sad frown.gif

Dark30 - I was at that show also! Max Webster opened up for the rest of the bands...not that I know who they are are, but I remember it because it was my first concert. I think I was 12 or 13 yrs old?

Times were different back then. Some 30 yr old guy next to me had a huge bag of weed, and was selling joints to 1/2 of the arena. Everyone in arena was smoking something - had a haze hanging 40ft off of the ceiling.

Oddly though, Geddy Lee's nose was still huge. I guess some things never change? shocked.gif

Quote:

Hey during the concert, does Geddy Lee tell the crowd how many rakes he steps on before he comes on stage? I was always curious to the exact number. Once I had an hour long argument with an ex roomate as to whether or not he was a man. Soooooo sad
frown.gif

You can say all you want, but you are in the small minority if you say Rush isn't one of the greatest of all time.

I caught one their concerts on HDNet recently,.... Phenomenal.

Quote:

The 2112 tour. Styx and Starcastle warmed up for them at the civic center.

Those were the days... grin.gif....my first concert ever, May 6 1977 "DOAH!" Rush, Styx, Starcastle, Max Webster at the ST Paul Civic Center.

I had to pull the Ticket stub out just for the memories.

We never missed a concert at the Civic or Met Centers as Teenagers starting with that one all way through the Metallica concert at the "MET"....Nugent, Rush, Van Halen, Blue Oyster, Sabath, ELP, Metallica...... cool.gif