• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Caught in the Act!

Zimm

I thought everyone would get a chuckle out of this. Last night, now that the cooler weather has hit Central MN, I thought I would start getting things ready for my favorite season. I took my portable out of storage along with my two power augers. It didn't take long for my new Strike Master to fire up, but my 1846 model always needs a little doing. After I pulled the plug, changed gas, and poured a little in the cylinder she popped right off. I just happened to look behind me to see my girlfriend standing in the doorway of the garage just looking at me. Here I am with grease all over me, blue smoked filled in the garage, and a smile on my face like I was going to drill right through 4 inches of concrete. She just shook her head and closed the door. Not a word was said. I knew I was busted bigger than life. I can't wait. Anyone else??? Zimm

LOL. Don't get fooled by the AMP factor. (already made plans). Seems the wife is starting to catch on and will set up plans in advance to throw a wrench in the game. Honey! not Saturday, I plan on going fishing and ......oh no here comes the LOOK. I better plan on staying in the guest bedroom alot this winter. Hey, I could probably set up my portable in there.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Let's see,
I set both Fishhouses up in the yard in August. Told my sweetie it was just to air them out and it was true of course. She wondered if I was airing the chairs out as well. Of course I was.

Then like any red blooded ice fisherman I had to set them up again in the garage in October so the kids had a place to play with me. Pretend ice fishing is a good game. "I have very good motives honey, it's family time".

Last week I had to get all my ice gear organized close to the TV while the outdoor shows were on. Told my little sugar pie, "See, I can do two things at the same time".

Of course, she wasn't too happy because I had taken up all the available space in what she considers her domain. The kids loved it though, they got to play more ice fishing games as the little woman sat in the background scowling.

I got the hint and removed all traces downstairs. Of course, wouldn't you know, she still has to come downstairs and give me THE LOOK. So I told her God's honest truth, "Hey, ALL ice fishermen do this in anticipation of the upcoming ice season. I'm NOT goofy, honest".
grin.gif

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 11-14-2002).]

Well I drove to Perham this morning to pick up my crank down assembly to put on the permanent. As soon as I walk in the door she asks how much? I tell her and she says for all the **** money your spending on that thing you can start sleeping in it. Not knowing when to quit because I am thinking invite the buddies over, fire up the heater, couple of cases of beer, hmmmmmmmm heaven, she sees the sparkle in my eyes...needles to say she is just a tiny bit unhappy with the hubby right now!

Lucky I've finally found a Mrs. Catfish who understands and loves to fish. She likes open water only, she hates the cold, so we fish together all summer, then I say goodbye and I fish with the buddies all winter. Not a bad gig. She never even gives me the Look, except once it awhile she will laugh at me while I'm respooling tip-ups on the coffee table with the Outdoor Channel going.

Good thing, too. My first two wives would have raised Cain over the time and money spent away from them. Good riddance to bad exes, I say. grin.gif

------------------
Steve Foss
Superior, Wis.
[email protected]

Zimm, I suppose your girlfriend was just about to call the wedding off also. Good thing you didn't drill though that cement. Your dad would have had your balls. Is your wife still wearing the ring? I always thought you were a little goofy. I suppose you want to fish with me again to finally catch some fish this year. Silby and myself will have to start charging you guide fees. Take it easy on the girlfriend. GOOD LUCK KOOBA

Chiro, I loved that response from your wife. Maybe you should buy her a new fillet knife for Christmas. Do what I've done. Ask them "why are you mad?" Then respond, "I don't know what you are mad about because I'm not mad." That will definately get them riled up!

I just e-mailed my girfriend a link to this page. Hopefully she'll believe me now when I say, "Honey it's not just me, ALL ice-fisherman are crazy."

The most recent time I had to explain this phenomenon was when we were deciding which end of the family we would spend Thanksgiving weekend at. We live in Mankato, her family lives five hours north. When I agreed it was best to spend three days in her family's neck of the woods for Thanksgiving she saw right through me!

If that wasn't enough, she found on our computer that the 10-day forecast was still up and on the fridge I left the In-fisherman Solunar Calender for the next four months.

Tonight we might cozy up to a quiet evening watching the Vexilar operation video starring Dave Genz.
The Ice Clock ticketh,
pikehunter

Kooba-
It is good to hear from you. I can't believe your wife had a baby that is already taller than you are full grown. We will have to hook up again so I can outfish you 5 to 1. If your brave enough give me a call. Jazmyn has been great on the birds this year. We are going home next weekend for one more hunt. Yes the ring is still on Amy's finger, and after I show her all these replys she won't think I have some wierd disease. Looking for hard water.. Zimm

You guys are scaring me again. I thought I had it bad enough with the girlfriend. I know one thing that women do that deserves "the look" similar to the male version. I know you've all seen this, Woman comes home from shopping lays out all the clothes models each one for you and then organizes them in the closet in the same fashion men organize their tackle.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Bigguns3,
BE AFRAID,

BE VERY AFRAID.

It's as good as it gets during the girlfriend phase. Always remember that. grin.gif

I haven't mastered all of the "wife evasion" tactics for successful ice fishing yet, but here's what works for me... I wake her up at about 4:30AM on Saturday morning and ask her for sex or I could just get up and go ice fishing. At that time of the morning after a few choice words she is happy when she hears the door slam behind me. It kind of turns the table on them and in a way...she made the decision for me to go or not!!?? If some day she makes the opposite decision in the morning, that's not so bad either.

I've got one for you. I was watching the new In-Fisherman ice tech video the other day and i noticed that my girlfriend was giving me the eye. I said what are you staring at? She just laughed and said you need help. I guess wearing your brand new ice boots with shorts, tee shirt and your favorite jigging rod is some how wierd. Go figure. Tight lines fellas. S21

Add another one to the list-
I took out my angel eyes that I bought late last year and never got to use along with some other misc tackle, set up the card table in the living room, brought in my 2 ice tackle boxes and opened them up and went to town organizing, cleaning, etc.
I, too, recieved a little of the "bidness" from my wife over being too ansy for ice.
I am sure it has NOTHING to do with getting a new sled style fish house saturday night and assembling and playing with it in that same living room with the outdoors channel on in the back ground! ... or spending about 2 hours each night trying to keep up with all the fast and furious posts ... or sitting in the garage starting the snow blower, auger, cleaning up the lantern, heater, chairs etc... or talking non stop about how stupid the weather reports are for not being below zero already and for how much mother nature owes me for last years weather (or lack of)...

Wait a minute... maybe she is right....
nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

ICE ICE ICE... CMON ICE!

Last night after work I collected all my ice fishing gear and had them spread all over the kitchen table when the gustoppo (wife) suddenly appears and asks me if had done anything on her honey-do list and I said I will have them done in the time you requested them done! And don't tell me any different I told her! (right!)
They just don't get it! rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifshocked.gif

------------------
F-STOP

I guess I'm not the only one in this situation. Not only do I have all of my ice fishing gear layed out but I ordered a new pack of angel eye's last week. Well, they haven't arrived yet so I have to come home from work about 3 times a day to check, and each time I get that same "look" and all sorts of other comments on how weird I am.

BRING ON THE ICE!!!!

Zimm, I'm sure your dog is getting sick of finding all of those birds and then see them fly away after you shoot. I know how you can miss the birds. I Have seen this with my own eyes everyone. Don't believe anything he says. And for my little boy. Some day he will get older and also shoot and fish better than you. Just reality ZIMM. Get use to it. He may hit more birds than you can right now as an infant. HAHHAHa. Later. Wish I could go down with you and show you how to get the birds. KOOBA

My wife doesn't say too much. I know she has more pairs of black shoes than I have Angel Eyes on my brand new card! She doesn't mind the day trips to DL with my 10 year old at all. It is the trip planning up to LOW amd URL with the guys that gets her a little worked up.
That is probably why it never gets any farther than "planning".
Tully

OK guys I consider myself as a veteran in these affairs. Get your kids on your side.
Rick you should have let the kids setup the house, then walk in like you had nothing to do with it. And don't be afraid to share the blame with the kids. After all if theres 3 guilty parties involved you can only end up with 1/3 of the total wrath. Right?
If you buy new stuff ALWAYS pay in cash. NEVER leave a paper trail that will come back and bite ya in da butt.
When caught with a new toy say "What this Old Thing"

Moping works. She may see right through your act but will probably get disgusted with you enough and say "Go ahead and go". Which is good enough for me. Just don't do it in front of the kids cuz some day they will use it against you.

Times a flyin and I gotta get the house clean before the wife gets home. Just plannin ahead. smile.gif

I can't complain too much cause I've been a fishing fool all summer and I haven't slowed down yet. I will get the "LOOK" now and again but whats really scary is my daughter is starting to give me the look as well! corkysm54.gif

I realize when I say things like "I only like two things, so I might as well fish", Its not helping matters but GEEZ!...I might as well fish! Maybe I could invite her out to the house this winter...We still can lock the door and tell the CO to come back later cause we're playing with the Aqua View right? biglaugh.gif

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Wow, there's just no way to reconcile this. Men are from outdoors and women are from shopping. grin.gif

All wives, when they marry, should take a page from the manual of military wives: "Your husband is going to be gone more often than he's at home. When he's gone, develop a honey-do list that's longer than most government-issued military manuals, so you can make him feel guilty for when he leaves again. It won't keep him from leaving (real men always leave and return), but the guilt will make sure he thinks of you when he's in dangerous territory (killing Saddam's folks or icing pike)."

ST, you've got it nailed. Your acumen scares me. Are you SURE you shouldnt' quit your day job at do stand-up comedy? You'd play DARN well in the Northland.

------------------
Steve Foss
Superior, Wis.
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 11-17-2002).]