• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Caught in the Act!

Zimm

Hey Pikehunter, I like your reply about the Vexilar intro video. I myself got in trouble last night when I suggested to the old lady that we cuddle up and watch my new Vexilar video. She got furious and told me to watch it when she wasnt around. I dont know why she is not more open minded. She was probably still upset because earlier in the evening I had her time me putting up and taking down the new portable in the living room. I ended the video argument by telling her that if she didnt watch it with me I move the tv into the fish house and watch it in there. She gave in and let me watch it.

Mister, you kept the box why? If I have a spare room, it'll cost you enough fish to keep me and Mrs. Catfish from defrosting the steak. grin.gif And don't tell Mrs. I'm negotiating with you, OK?

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 11-17-2002).]

I love it! You guys are hilarious! More women should read this forum. I like the outdoors-my husband only does if it involves tees, a fairway and greens. The only thing he hunts for are "birdies" and "eagles" and fishing for balls gone astray in the creek. But it's great to have something you love to do-good luck on coming up with a better excuse or explanation for the next time out! Mistermom-I live in Utah now, but used to live in Robbinsdale. Great place!

As I sit here giggling about your posts my wife sits on the coach wondering what I'm reading. So I read her a few of your posts and now she realizes that I'm not the only crazy ice fisherman out there. She was shaking her head when I had two of my sons (3 and 5) painting there own jigs early tonight. Gotta train em early! I'm talking about the kids smile.gif.

------------------
Rodbender

The key is to make sure you have most of your fishing gear before you get married...that way, it all just becomes part of the package. If you have a boat, even an old cheap one, it's easier to 'trade' or 'upgrade' your boat than to get a new one if you don't already have one. Also, you have to get to the point where your fishing rods are referred to as 'all those'. If you only have a few, new ones will be noticeable. But if you have a dozen or so, and she uses phrases like 'all those d@## fishing rods', she won't notice the difference between 12 or 15 or 18 fishing rods. I was together with my wife for over five years before we got married...that's five fishing seasons, five hunting seasons, five football seasons, etc. She knew what she was getting.

I am just like some of you on here in that my wife knew what she was getting into when she married me. I saw this portable ice house I wanted and the only way I could get it was to make a deal with my wife to take her ice fishing once. I bought the house but I am afraid she will like ice fishing and want to go more. I hope it was worth it to get that house!

You guys have gotta get your act together......First think like a woman!..That means think "ON-SALE".....Woman understand that language.....When your caught red handed with new STUFF the first words out of your mouth need to be "You should have seen the lures "On-Sale".....Then give her pause and say "I SAVED a wad on these.....Now you should have her in womans shopping LA LA mentality.........She likely will not even ask you the tough questions like "how much" or "why 10 new baits" or "don't you already have enough rods"......You will have her mesmorized with your new-found womans logic...ORRRRRRRRR.....Your still dead meat and will have to rethink the whole thing.....LOLOLOLOL

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Here's another sure fire tactic sure to work.

It's getting close to Christmas. Get those catalogs out and CIRCLE BOLDLY the item(s) you want. Put a note on it - WISH LIST FOR NEXT YEAR.

Make sure to leave it lying around on the kitchen table or places your wife is likely to see it.

Better yet, tear the pages out if you want multiple items and stack them neatly in a manilla folder and mark it "CONFIDENTIAL" I have to repeat, make sure the words "WISH LIST FOR NEXT YEAR" are in plain view.

It's also a good idea to plant the seed, as mentioned in the previous post, that all the items you are looking at are currently ON SALE.

Most women are usually in a bind trying to figure out what to get you, might as well make it easy on them and ensure you get what you realy want.

Remember, you have now hit three women's hot buttons.
1. Make it easy to know what you want.
2. Curiousity always kills them.
3. They can't resist the words ON SALE

In this day and age of the Internet and shared PC's, whenever you leave the PC for an extended period. Always be sure to leave an Internet page on the gear you want. Be sure to also save them in your favorites section as well.

Most important, when they ask what you want, just say:

"You know me so well, just surprise me with something thoughful and caring."

WARNING, never use the above statement without inadverently leaving your wish lists where she can see w/o you around and hitting all of her hot buttons. You will likely end up with a tie or billfold otherwise.

Hello from MD! This has definitely been an entertaining message board. Fortunately I'm still free so no need to be answering to any Mrs. I've actually never ice-fished in the North Central region. However, it got me this year. I'm currently in D.C. and let me tell you that this weather does nothing but toy with you when winter rolls around (I think it has been below freezing once so far this fall. I'm heading back up north soon and that is not helping the ice-fishing fever that I have. My roommates think that I'm off my rocker. This past weekend I made 6 tip-ups from scratch. I'm just waiting for a couple of things until they are fully functional.

I'm considering heading up to Minnesota for a couple of trip this winter. I was looking to see if there are any good suggestions for lakes to try. I'm looking for Pike lakes and/or good lake for a variety of pan-fish.

And most importantly. Is there any ice up there yet? I'm looking forward to hearing about some trips. God knows that I won't be fishing in Pa for another month or so, not to mention that would mean that it would have to get cold up there some time soon. If anyone needs some info on the northeast Pa fishing, let me know. In more that 18 years of ice fishing, I've probably tried nearly every lake throught the ice (that is when we get enough ice to go out) at least once.

Bring on the Ice!
McFly

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

You got it Fish Toys. The preferred spot for true IceLeaders grin.gif

Unfortunately, I don't carry all the gear needed, sooo....

There is also Cabelas, Bass Pro Shop, and a zillion others.

I forgot to mention, the sending of web pages via e-mails from your office to your home PC so you can view your items later. Always re-title the subject to "Confidential reminder to myself - "ON SALE NOW".

In the body of the e-mail be sure to write: "Part of my wish list for next year".

Well after reading all of the posts it is great to see that I am not alone. It looks like the weather is going to cooperate with us this coming week. I got the X-mas lights up, garage cleaned and everythingg ready for the ice. I haven't received any looks as of late, and for all your information nothing was ever said about that night. Maybe she was saying "Come on ice, get this guy out of my hair." I am not going to bring it up. Best of luck this winter. Stay Safe.
Zimm

whhhhksssshhh
sounds like u boys need to cut the 100 pound test at the house, and head out to the ice.

it be early ice, get out there and keep the rods bending
-from bronson

Wobbler
Dont worry mine loves to fish!Even ice fish! Now she ask me to go more than I ask her!Its great no complaints about new items!Just make sure you take me with you!It kind of cuts into some of the guy time but thank god they like her to!But hopefully not to much!!!

------------------