• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let see your biggest carp!

I have caught hundreds of these fishing on the docks of the hudson marina....man do they fight...probably one of my favorite fish to fight.

Lets see a picture of your biggest carp!

IoNJ3YKgXm3di+8VYfbC8kJ2lYTVEs8q0300.jpg

The brother in law got this one a couple of weeks ago on Minnesota river. I figure it was around ten pounds. I did not weight it, because it was bleeding like a stuck pig and already got boat full of blood

Hey Ralph,

Every time I see your avator, it makes me sick grin.gif. I find my self looking all the time. Its kinda of like dogs doing it in the street. You should'nt watch, but you do. Did you realy lick that thing. grin.gif

Quote:

I had a 7 hour drought

I here ya there. I had six hour one on Sat. evening and early Sunday morning out cat fishing last weekend. I might of kissed a "cat if we had got one at the end. wink.gif

Here's my biggest, weighed in at just a little over 242 lbs!

110KgGiantSiameseCarpLungDam.jpg

obviously i'm just kidding, this wasn't caught by me. This fish actually did weigh 242 though, it's not a hoax. I just found it on another site and wanted to share it. I think my pb is about 15lbs, not huge but fun on 6 lb test!

Here's a link to the story if any of you wanna hear about it. The story is really good reading too. Talk about a true catch and release angler, my hats' off to this guy!

http://www.carpecarpio.com/igfasiamesegiantcarprecordpage2.html

Quote:

Ralph

That's one ugly carp. You need to shoot/catch yourself a pretty one, um.... like mine!
blush.gif

Yes, yours is pretty, for sure, but mine is bigger smirk.gif.

Mine was beat from spawning, not to mention having a spear lodged in it's back and laying in a cooler for an hour!

I'll try to get some prettier ones this spring. I caught a few nice ones last night (sightfishing them with a ML rod and 6lb test was fun grin.gif) but only had my cell phone camera with. I'm gonna try to arrow a few of them this evening.

I foul hooked 3 of them last thursday while fishing on pool 2. The biggest one jumped out of the water while I was fighting it. It easily was in the 20 lb range probably closer to 30 judging by the pics of some of the carp on this thread. It ended up getting off the hook and leaving me with some scales as a consolation prize. I had on 10 lb line and it nearly had me totally unspooled before it got off. Nothing fights harder then a foul hooked carp.

I was just pitching a jig with a sassy shad and bouncing off the bottom. A few other guys were getting foul hooked on them as well until they moved out of the area.

Here's a couple I caught out of the Zumbro crappie fishing. Different days. First one is 8 lbs. and the next one is 14 lbs. Both on 4 lb test. The bigger one took 22 minutes to get in the boat. Actually had to chase it around with the electic motor. Otherwise it would have spooled me for sure.

carprs2.jpg

carpasaurusdn7.jpg